Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Help Setting up IDM policy

Posted Nov 07, 2019 01:28 PM

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong if anything. We are running Network Monitor, discover and endpoint protect 15.5 MP1.

We have not used any IDM matching in any policies as of yet but we are trying to set up some tests in order to be prepared for when we are asked to implement something similar.

I followed what I thought to be these simple instructions.

https://help.symantec.com/cs/DLP15.5/DLP/v84824590_v128674454/Uploading-a-document-archive-to-the-Enforce-Server?locale=EN_US

To upload the document archive to Enforce Server
    1. Navigate to the screen Manage > Data Profiles > Indexed Documents > Configure Document Profile.

2. Select the option Upload Document Archive to Server Now.

Click Browse and select the ZIP file. The ZIP file can be anywhere on the same network as the Enforce Server.

Optionally, you can type the full path and the file name if the ZIP file is local to the Enforce Server, for example: c:\Documents\Research.zip.

3. Specify one or more file name or file size filters (optional).

See Filtering documents by file name

4. Select one of the indexing options (optional).

See Scheduling document profile indexing

5. Click Save.

I simply was testing with a 1040 tax pdf document. I placed it in a folder on my local machine named tax files and then sipped it then followed the above steps. It saves but doesnt appear to do anything. If I return to that Indexed documents page I see the zip name but size shows 0.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Help Setting up IDM policy

Posted Nov 07, 2019 10:15 PM

did you check the "Submit Indexing Job on Save" checkbox upon saving the profile?

• 3.  RE: Help Setting up IDM policy

Posted Nov 08, 2019 11:31 AM

Hello Russel, Yes I did selct that.

• 4.  RE: Help Setting up IDM policy

Posted Nov 09, 2019 01:27 AM

could you let me see the screenshot of the profile and also the result when you save it

• 5.  RE: Help Setting up IDM policy

Posted Nov 11, 2019 08:41 AM

Did you see any errors when you saved and indexed the new profile? In the Documents colums, do you see "1" for the PDF that was indexed? I have IDM profiles that show the number of documents indexed, but show "0" for Estimated Profile Size. These are small with one or two documents indexed.

• 6.  RE: Help Setting up IDM policy

Posted Nov 11, 2019 10:58 AM

no errors, nothing visual happens on save

yes ethan it does show a 1 - so maybe it worked? I guess i expected to have more of some sense that something was working or that when I went to edit it I could see what was already uploaded at least by name/reference

• 7.  RE: Help Setting up IDM policy
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 12, 2019 04:46 AM

Hi 

I think its working , please try to create a policy and choose idm and select this profile and test 

• 8.  RE: Help Setting up IDM policy

Posted Nov 12, 2019 10:40 AM

thank you Fady it actually works :D