Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

• 1.  New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 23, 2020 03:05 PM
    Starting yesterday hundreds of our PCs in the https://sep.securitycloud.symantec.com portal show as status NOT COMPUTED and the status reason NO ERRORS.  everything was fine through yesterday they used to show SECURE.

I have been trying to work with overseas support to no avail.  I can't get them to realize there is a backend problem 

Anyone see this in their cloud portals?

M. Johnson

------------------------------
    Continental Motors

• 2.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 23, 2020 04:49 PM
    Getting the same.  Still happening as of 4:47 PM Eastern here.  
    Drilling down to any specific client, they are still updating their connecitivyt status, just not the security status.  All clients are build number 14.3.589.0000, Mostly Win 10 machines, a couple of Win 7 machines.  ​​

• 3.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 23, 2020 05:02 PM
    Can you post case numbers and I will take a look.
    Thanks!

John Owens
    Principal Product Support
    Symantec
    United States

• 4.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 23, 2020 05:24 PM

John,

This Case is 32123751 - Almost ALL of our PCs are showing security status as NOT COMPUTED in the portal. 

BTW- I have other tickets opened for many weeks and a few almost 2 months that I have tried to get resolved.  I escalate with no follow-up from overseas management.  What is a good way to try to have these reviewed?

Mark J

Continental Motors

• 5.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 23, 2020 09:55 PM
    Hi Mark,

Working with management would be the only way.

I took a peak and it looks like the issue you are having has to do with App Isolation policy.  In your environment the App isolation policy being pushed is null.  I would suggest trying to Clone your Application Isolation Policy and then assign that new policy to your device groups.  Then let us know if the Not Computed status changes.

Thanks,

John Owens
    Symantec
    United States

• 6.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 24, 2020 09:58 AM

We are not licensed for application isolation.  But you are pointing to another case that I have had open for over 2 months now with no solution from Broadcom

CASE 32010387 opened 6/11/20 [ADV-ADV] Installed devices on cloud portal show: "License is not entitled (Application Isolation)" even though active licenses added and PCs are installed.

We were given the licenses to migrate from SEP SBE HOSTED to SES (SEP) 14.3 Cloud and no other add on products  Isn't "application isolation" an add on product?  There is no application isolation policy for me to create,  that isn't a policy I see in my portal. 

So it seems that they may be a few issues causing this issue.

Please advise.

• 7.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 24, 2020 11:58 AM
    Also, in the portal all the PCs showing Not Computed also show No Errors under status reason.  I would expect that should have a reason.  I think the issue is related to some change made by Broadcom as this issue just started on Wednesday the 22nd.  Since other companies are also experiencing this, it is not isolated to us.

BTW - If other companies are experiencing this issue they should also open a trouble ticket; as sometimes it seems like various Broadcom tech support groups are working in vacuums and not aware of the bigger picture.

Continental Motors

• 8.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 24, 2020 04:53 PM
    Overseas support sent me again that this may be due to a null value for application isolation and to create a policy.

How can I create a policy for a product we are not licensed for?  This makes no logical sense.

Is anyone else having this problem with the NOT COMPUTED in cloud enterprise SEP 14.3?

I sent to tech support again the same response I sent earlier to them that was:

"I already got this incorrect update this morning.  I need this sent to US TECH SUPPORT.   

Broadcom needs to fix this in the backend as I have been stating over and over and over again.

As I stated this morning in the case:

"We are not licensed for application isolation.  But you are pointing to another case that I have had open for over 2 months now with no solution from Broadcom

CASE 32010387 opened 6/11/20 [ADV-ADV] Installed devices on cloud portal show: "License is not entitled (Application Isolation)" even though active licenses added and PCs are installed.

We were given the licenses to migrate from SEP SBE HOSTED to SES (SEP) 14.3 Cloud and no other add on products  Isn't "application isolation" an add on product?  There is no application isolation policy for me to create,  that isn't a policy I see in my portal. 

So it seems that they may be a few issues causing this issue.

Please advise."

Continental Motors

• 9.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2020 11:35 AM
    Hi Mark,

We did not know you were not using the Application Isolation feature and were not licensed for it. This Not Computed issue is still being caused by that policy and an issue on our side.  We are close to a fix to have this issue resolved.  Once I have confirmation on the fix and its release I will update this forums post.

Thanks!

John Owens
    Symantec
    United States

• 10.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 27, 2020 09:25 AM
    Hi John, I've lost track a bit on the sequence of messaging on this issue between the forums but I just wanted to add in that I'm seeing the same issue on my one customer that's on cloud-managed SEP, and they're using all default policies.  I guess if the issue is app isolation, it would have to be whatever default one was implemented.  Engineering's testing has probably revealed that anyway but I wanted to mention just in case.

• 11.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 27, 2020 10:40 AM
    Thanks John

CiaranCMS

• 12.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 23, 2020 05:18 PM

We had the same frustrations with SEP SBE cloud.  We were hoping that SES hosted would be more stable with the backend communications (heartbeat) but we haven't seen that.

I have 6 tickets opened for various bugs still waiting on resolution.

We do local installation of the new as we manually remove SEP SBE and then install the full SES from a USB drive.  We do not do any installs from the cloud.

Today we have been seeing the green dot go on and off on the SES icon on the PCs and that indicates there are backend problems.  But when opening a ticket, overseas support is not trained well enough and any ticket seems to point them in them to the same basic resolution items to try that don't address the actual issue itself.

I am hoping for those customers who choose to migrate to SES from SEP SBE that Broadcom's backend server design stabilizes otherwise it will the same as we all saw with SEP SBE hostedendpoint.

• 13.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 26, 2020 08:04 PM
    I have all the same issues and support are useless in the UK.

• 14.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 27, 2020 09:55 AM

According to a person in the US at Broadcom it is a defect and being worked on.  Hopefully.

• 15.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 27, 2020 10:16 AM
    Remarkable what progress can be made when there's people making themselves accountability and available.  No sarcasm meant there, it's just true.  Service 101:  make yourself available, show that you care.  The absence of that sends people into a frenzy.  Broadcom sounds like they could use an upgrade on their global remediation services strategy but when you've got people like that US-based John-Owens replying, he obviously gets it and is giving what info he can.  It's not even about geography, I've worked for about 20 years with global contact centers and while, statistically, the support is worse if not in North America, I've yet had specific individuals in other parts of the world that just had the right work ethic and were great.  It always comes down to whether the local leadership is set up to enable their people to flourish and do well - usually it's not that case though because the act of offshoring tech support is to save money, and when that's the primary goal, quality service is an afterthought.  

Anyway, I could talk for days on this stuff, obviously more than is needed here lol 

• 16.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 27, 2020 12:39 PM

I agree.  If I had support from the start with someone like John Owens time would have been better spent and faster to gain traction.  Front line overseas cannot do that. They follow the knowledge tree and that is it.  They don't know their product lines so they go down the wrong path and waste time back tracking.

Overseas front line support knowledge of Symantec products is weak.  The ask the same questions over and over.  They give you "solutions" that are for other products and not for the product the case was opened for.  They ask for the integration IDs on my account multiple times when that all that information is in the case from the start.

They tell me I am the only one with the issue, that I didn't install it properly and that I would have reinstall all of the 100s of PCs installed from scratch.  That is when I knew Broadcom support was sub-standard for tier  1 and even tier 2. 

I know we can all go on and on with the tech support frustrations as it seemed that overseas support became poor after Broadcom bought Symantec and gutted its support infrastructure.

Maybe John Owens has a way to let someone know how customers are feeling about the issues with support.  Or let us know as customers who to direct this to that it may get addressed.

Mark .

• 17.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 27, 2020 01:43 PM
    I think we will vote with our feet and not renew then their investment will have been a fruitless expensive exercise

• 18.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 27, 2020 10:40 AM
    Edited by CiaranCMS Jul 28, 2020 03:08 AM
    I have also experienced this issue plus other related Alert issues.

The following is recent feedback from the product team;
    "This is a reporting issue on SES tenants. Despite this, SES agents/clients should be showing a status of protected.  A fix is currently being implemented."

Suffice to say, the back end process for recognising a transition from SEP to SES or the SESE/SESC licencing is not quite ripe.

Edit; Aside from these teething issues, the overall product is developing well and it's great to have protection for all device types. 
    Added to this, the pricing has become very competitive and the integration options make the solution quite compelling.

CiaranCMS

• 19.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 28, 2020 11:07 AM
    Broadcom replied about another case I have opened for now for almost 2 months. Which may be related to the Not Computed issue.
    CASE 32010387 opened 6/11/20 [ADV-ADV] Installed devices on cloud portal show: "License is not entitled (Application Isolation)" under Status Reason even though active licenses added and PCs are installed.

The the solution they just sent today, after 2 months made no sense and was so far off target.

They sent this solution:

Unable to add licensing for SEP Hardening App Isolation or App Control
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/172870/unable-to-add-licensing-for-sep-hardenin.html

This "solution" has nothing to do with the issue.  Are there are any Broadcom support staff left that know their products?

This is such poor support.  Ugh.

Continental Motors

• 20.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2020 11:49 AM
    Quick update on the Not Computed issue.
    Dev has identified the issue. They are working on reproducing and testing the fix.

John Owens
    Symantec
    United States

• 21.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Jul 28, 2020 12:42 PM

Thank you for the update.  Just curious where is development located?  US or overseas?

• 22.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2020 12:43 PM
    We have development resources in all regions.

John Owens
    Symantec
    United States

• 23.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Aug 02, 2020 03:12 PM
    Support is very useless these days, it appears that these support folks even don't even know their own product. Its very annoying and frustrating. It like your banging your head with a wall.

Symantec Enthusiast

• 24.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Aug 02, 2020 06:36 PM
    Acording to John Owen this issue is being worked on but I have not heard of any progress status from overseas supprt.

Mark

• 25.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2020 12:14 PM
    We were able to duplicate the problem in Dev Int. and fix it. Discussions are now in place on how we want to deploy fix to production. More to come.

John Owens
    Symantec
    United States

• 26.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Aug 03, 2020 12:20 PM

Thanks for the update.

• 27.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2020 12:30 PM
    The fix is now in production. Please give time for the clients to send in opstate data and let us know if the Not Computed status is resolved.
    Thanks!

John Owens
    Symantec
    United States

• 28.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Aug 07, 2020 12:49 PM

I will thanks for the update.

• 29.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Aug 08, 2020 10:37 AM
    No changes with any of my PC's on 24/7

• 30.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2020 10:45 AM
    Might take some time. Please give it a week. If it does not resolve please open case as you may have a different issue than Mark. 

• 31.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Aug 08, 2020 10:49 AM
    Fine will do, but symptoms and messages are identical

• 32.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Aug 08, 2020 12:16 PM
    We are still watching ot see if it clears.  We are hopeful that is will.

I have 2 other issues wiht open tickets that are still unresolved for the same long time frame.

The Online / Offline glitch.  PCs that are up are show OFFLINE while others that are off show ONLINE in the portal.  Tech Support states it coudl take 48 hours for an offline PC to reflect offline?  That makes makes no sense as SEP SBE was more accurate.  We have a patchng system that shows PCs online and offline and that is how we known the SEP portal is inaccurate.

The other issue is that I have many PCs showing SECURE and with a status reason of NO ERRORS but we have many that show SECURE but with a Client Security Status Reason of "License is not entitled (Application Isolation)". 

I have never had a license for Appliction Isolation so why is that displayed.  Support keeps saying that is normal?  That can't be as other PCs don't display that, they show No Errors?

Mark J.

• 33.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Aug 11, 2020 01:57 PM

All ours are not reporting correctly and the rogue message Licence not entitled has gone !

thanks to John. We need support to have the same commitment please. 

• 34.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Aug 11, 2020 03:17 PM

We still have the rogue license not entitled glitch.

Support is trying to say that it shouldn't affect the client and maybe it will be fixed at a later date?  That doesn't seem like a reasonable way to address a current issue especially for customers migrating from SEP SBE cloud to SESE cloud.

Mark J.

• 35.  RE: New SEP SES 14.3 Cloud Portal Issue NOT COMPUTED

Posted Nov 27, 2020 10:09 AM
    We see again a delay when we install new.  The PCs show Not Computed in the portal.  We have uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted the devices(s) in the portal still show Not Computed.  Left the PCs on for a few days.  The end node itself shows Symantec installed and greened up.

Any known communication delays.

Mark

Continental Motors