Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Managed client definitions downloads from internet

Posted Sep 24, 2021 05:49 AM
    Hi.

Is it possible to set up a client to download definitions from the internet if it cant connect to the manager?  

I am setting up some remote clients and they connect into our domain via a vpn which then kicks the av into action and downloads the latest defs from the manager.   I want the client to have the ability to download from the internet automatically if it doesnt connect the vpn for a day or so.

I know i can set up an unmanaged client but i would rather set up a client where i still have some visibility over the it.

Is this possible at all

Client & Manager 14.2RU2

• 2.  RE: Managed client definitions downloads from internet
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 24, 2021 10:49 AM
    Hi lee

Yes you can, this is possible to do on the -> Liveupdate Policy

Edit the policy and then check that the agent can download definitions from internet and maybe check the option where the user can execute Liveupdate too.

Regards.

------------------------------
    [Presales Manager]
    [Once Soluciones]
    [Mexico]

• 3.  RE: Managed client definitions downloads from internet

Posted Oct 06, 2021 03:41 AM
    This seems to have done the trick, Thank you

• 4.  RE: Managed client definitions downloads from internet

Posted Sep 25, 2021 03:57 AM
    You can use location awareness, which you can find in the "Client" area.
    With locations, it is possible to assign a second set of policies to the client depending on how the client behaves.

So when the Client is connected via VPN you can specify that the definitions only come from the manager.
    Is the client not connected to the manager, then you can provide another live update policy, which implies that the clients obtain the definitions over the Internet.
    The Client will change location dynamically.

For more Information: 

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/endpoint-security-and-management/endpoint-protection/all/managing-groups-clients-and-administrators/managing-remote-clients-v46955274-d19e312/managing-locations-for-remote-clients-v8447354-d19e408.html

[Country]