ProxySG & Advanced Secure Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Configuring Multiple interfaces, one for Management and other for Traffic in ProxySG

Posted Oct 29, 2020 06:17 AM
    Hi,

Is it possible to configure two interfaces in ProxySG one for management and one for traffic?

the deployment mode is explicit.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Configuring Multiple interfaces, one for Management and other for Traffic in ProxySG

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2020 11:17 AM
    Hello Saqer, 

Each proxy already has a Management interface 0:0 , and the rest are traffic interfaces. Did you have in mind to do something different , provide us with more details on the end goal you have so we can understand your request better please.

Slava

• 3.  RE: Configuring Multiple interfaces, one for Management and other for Traffic in ProxySG

Posted Oct 30, 2020 06:18 AM
    Hi Slava,

Thank you for your email,

in my mind one concern about the gateways, if I assign the management interface with one IP and default gateway, and the other interfaces with different IP and gateway, or in other work on different VLAN.

Is it going to work? or it might cause routing issue? and is there any configurations needs to be applied on the proxy to achieve that?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Configuring Multiple interfaces, one for Management and other for Traffic in ProxySG

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2020 10:21 AM
    Hi Saqer, 

Thank you for the response, however i am still not sure on what is the end end goal. so we will assume for a moment that you want to make sure that management interface is not used for Users Traffic , and only used for the management purposes such as managing the proxy, ICAP, IWA, DNS, Licensing, etc., assuming that the management network is on a different subnet and has its own gateway , that is separate from the regulars users traffic.
    Example and assumed info:
    10.10.10.1  -> Management GTW
    Int 0:0 : 10.10.10.10 -> Management Interface IP

Users traffic network
    GTW 20.20.20.1  -> Internet Gateway
    Int 1:0  : 20.20.20.10   -> Uses traffic interface IP.

Keep in mind the following things.
    Once the management Interface has an IP and , the proxy will use the management interface for DNS, Subscriptions, Category, License, Active Directory , ICAP communication.

The only gateway configured on the proxy will be 20.20.20.1 for the regular users traffic, however for the rest of the traffic for the management purposes we will configure static routes ( destination ICAP, DNS, IWA Servers etc)  where the next hop is 10.10.10.1

Sorry, Its hard to go further in more details without knowing every particular of the end goal, but i hope the above helps to understand the concept and where i was going with this assuming the scenario above.

Slava.