Endpoint Protection Cloud

View Only
  • 1.  SEPC transition to SES

Posted Jul 06, 2020 08:34 PM
    My SEPC account is eligible for the free upgrade to SES, but there are no instructions to be found for how to actually do that. There are a handful of instructions on how to transition from SEP SBE but not from SEPC.

Support tells me to download it from here: https://sep.securitycloud.symantec.com/, but that's assuming I have SEP, which I don't. I just get the following error: "We're sorry, you do not have an active account for Symantec Endpoint Protection"

My licensing partner (CDW) is completely in the dark about this free upgrade for SEPC, and it looks like it's the same from other partners like Ingram Micro.

How in the world can I get a SES account to start transitioning to from SEPC?

• 2.  RE: SEPC transition to SES

Posted Jul 07, 2020 10:55 AM
      |   view attached
    As a Symantec partner I'm about to embark on this myself having dozens of SEPC customers to transition.  Attached is the June 19 2020 guide to transitioning to SES.  I haven't yet looked through it, other than to verify it is a customer-facing document.  Presumably it has the necessary info, which I have to hope includes all portal/licensing related steps as well as the technical.  
    I'm in Canada but to my knowledge there is no difference in steps, if you are in the US.  I've no idea about international. 

FYI, the URL I use to log into active SES customer accounts is: 
    https://securitycloud.symantec.com

Yours is the URL that existed late last year, when SEP 15 offered a cloud management option vs. the local SEP Manager.  This option is also now defunct I believe, so anyway, the URL I provide is now the proper one for SES.  

I'll try to monitor this thread, so if you get resolution can you post?  I'll do the same, though for me it may be a week or two before I can get started with my customers.  
    And lastly, licensing is licensing, doesn't much matter if it's with a large retailer or a small one as the pricing is generally about the same based on the tier (quantity) being ordered from.  I deal with small business I'm always in the 1-25 bracket for most sales but could just as easily sell 10,000 since I have the same relationships with Ingram and other distributors as a reseller myself....point being I advise finding yourself a knowledgeable, preferably local smaller provider that you can interact with directly and with consistency.  These scaled-out large retailers almost universally do a poor job of staying current, being proactive, showing dedication, etc., yet that's the approach you need from a provider when dealing with misinformation situations like this.  Maybe I'm preaching to teh choir and my apologies if so, just I personally find that bigger is not better, particular with situations requiring support and guidance through muddy situations.

• 3.  RE: SEPC transition to SES

Posted Jul 16, 2020 05:39 AM
    Hi there,

As a distribution partner of Symantec/Broadcom, I can confirm that licences purchased from certain resellers/distributors are not eligible for a free SES licence.
    For those that are eligible, a SES licence is provided up (from June) to the end of November to assist with the transition (from SEPC to SES).
    If you were eligible for the SES upgrade licences, you (or the partner you purchased from) would already have received the SES activation email from Broadcom.

In the meantime, all SEPC licences are being extended to the end of October.  You will need to make a decision in the meantime.
    Do you purchase a SES licence through a relevant partner/distributor or do you move to an alternative solution?

If you need help deciding or would like to see how SES compares to SEPC, etc., please feel free to get in touch.

Kind regards,
    Ciaran

------------------------------
    CiaranCMS

• 4.  RE: SEPC transition to SES

Posted Jul 16, 2020 06:42 AM
    Hi Ciaran, I'm curious but do you know the specifics on what resellers/distributor SEPC sales are not eiligible for the SES upgrade?  I think yhou might be referring to Pax8 perhaps but I wanted to confirm.  I haven't quite jumped into this situation yet with my clients but am feeling the need to hurry up, so last thing I need is to find out I have to first buy a bunch of licenses now and not in Oct/Nov! :)

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: SEPC transition to SES

Posted Jul 16, 2020 10:57 AM
    I work for UK and Ireland Distributor, I'm not familiar with Pax8.  I just checked their site and SEP Cloud is not showing, only Symantec Email Security Cloud.

I am also unaware of the conditions whereby a SES upgrade is not provided. 
    I only learned that the SES upgrade/trial was not available in certain circumstances, when new partners got in touch with SEP Cloud queries.  

It may help to get in touch with Broadcom Support directly and provide them with your current licence details. 
    They may be able to confirm if you are eligible for the SES trial.  I recommend you call and not email.
    Support contact details - https://www.broadcom.com/support/software/contact

CiaranCMS

• 6.  RE: SEPC transition to SES

Posted Oct 13, 2020 07:12 PM
    We have a couple of clients with SEPC but they are provisioned as CSP via Ingram Micro Cloud (Australia) on a monthly arrangement.  So I guess we just need to buy annual licenses for SES or SESC for them and forgo the monthly flexibility?

• 7.  RE: SEPC transition to SES

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2020 01:29 AM

Hi Nathan,

You are correct. There is no Pay-as-you-Go or the Monthly subscriptions available anymore. The purchase needs to be annual for any licenses.

You may check the link for information - https://partnerportal.broadcom.com/en/symantec-partner-portal/eol-products.html?r=2 if there is any issues opening this link, you may follow the path (No login required)  https://partnerportal.broadcom.com/content/partner/en_us.html >> NEW - Symantec Security Partner Portal, Click Explore >> Under Quick Links >> End of life Product Information >> SEP Cloud and SEP SBE End of Life >> You have FAQs and Transition Guides available.