Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to migrate Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition Cloud to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise Cloud

• 1.  How to migrate Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition Cloud to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise Cloud

Posted Oct 07, 2020 02:43 AM
    Edited by Solution14 Oct 12, 2020 01:14 PM
    Hello,

We have 47 companies migrated to the new Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise interface.

We cannot find any information to do this.

Can you please give us some information.

------------------------------
    Solution14

• 2.  RE: How to migrate Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition Cloud to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise Cloud

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2020 02:10 AM
    Hello! Given the number of companies you have migrating, it would probably be best for you to open a support ticket with us so that we can have all the data necessary to assist you in the migration process. In the meantime, if you check with some of the administrators of these companies, they may have received welcome emails for the new product. To track all of the emails that have been migrated over and consolidate them, the support agent would be able to assist you with that. 

Thanks!

• 3.  RE: How to migrate Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition Cloud to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise Cloud

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2020 02:11 AM
    In this case, you would likely want to open a support ticket with technical support given the large number of customers that you need the administrator details checked for. Support would be able to assist you with the company's administrator identities so you can follow up with those companies and begin to manage them again how you had within SEPC.

Endpoint Protection Engineer/SME
    Broadcom Inc.

• 4.  RE: How to migrate Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition Cloud to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise Cloud

Posted Oct 09, 2020 03:11 AM
    Edited by Solution14 Oct 12, 2020 01:12 PM
    I opened a ticket but it is not moving forward.
    I have the impression that I am not connecting to the right place. What is the URL of the new management console for partners? This address https://securitycloud.symantec.com seems to be the individual console of each company and not the partner console.

Solution14

• 5.  RE: How to migrate Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition Cloud to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise Cloud

Posted Oct 09, 2020 08:13 AM
    The portal you should be using now is: https://us.securitycloud.symantec.com/cc/?locale=en_US#/landing
    You can still access the old portal until 2 November 2020.

We have been in contact with support quite a bit since our clients only use SEP Small Business Cloud and which we need to migrate to SES Enterprise.
    I can tell you now that at this moment in time (Oct 2020) EACH client will have to have their own Management Portal / Integrated Cyber Defense Manager, with 
    their own login with an address from the clients domain. (Once you have their own portal, you need to request site access on each one also. It takes half a day but one I did yesterday was "authorized" in a few seconds.)

We have 16 or so clients on Symantec with around 500 users, but we need to create a Portal for each client, and then uninstall the old SEP and install the new SES
    on each users device, and I am pretty sure you will need to do the same.

Hope this helps. Feel free to write me if you like. 
    I am not an expert on the new Portal, but I have an idea how to do things now and some of the simple questions were not answered in the guides.

• 6.  RE: How to migrate Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition Cloud to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise Cloud

Posted Oct 13, 2020 10:35 AM

Hello Deric,
    I too am new to this. We are migrating from SEP small business to SES Enterprise as well. I'm also not able to find any documentation on how to go about this.
    Can you link me to a page where I can get started? I would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,

Jay

Systems Administrator
    TERRA Staffing Group

• 7.  RE: How to migrate Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition Cloud to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise Cloud

Posted Oct 14, 2020 05:57 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Jay,

Hope this attachment is of some use.  It is the current Transition guide for SEP SBE to SESE.

Kind regards,

CiaranCMS

• 8.  RE: How to migrate Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition Cloud to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise Cloud

Posted Oct 09, 2020 08:32 AM
    Edited by Solution14 Oct 12, 2020 01:12 PM
    With 50 companies, we will have to connect to each client 1 by 1 every morning to check the state of the workstations and servers ? It's impossible ! If we have to uninstall the old software anyway to install a new one, we might as well directly install another antivirus such as trend micro, kaspersky etc.

Solution14

• 9.  RE: How to migrate Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition Cloud to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise Cloud

Posted Oct 12, 2020 06:32 AM
    You are where we were a short while ago, cursing them for doing this to us.

I have made peace with it now though, and we busy migrating our clients. 
    We also looked at switching to another vendor, but we found them either too cumbersome, too expensive, or just not trustworthy in our opinion, so we eventually stuck with Symantec. Not sure what you meant by check each client in the morning. Is this to get a status update or virus threats found? You get daily reports and you can add your E-Mail address in the ICDM.

I agree this is not ideal, but I am sure they will combine the portals eventually like we used to have it, and things will be better then. I am keeping the faith for now.

Managing Member
    Individual Computer Solutions

• 10.  RE: How to migrate Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition Cloud to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise Cloud

Posted Oct 14, 2020 10:25 AM
    I've been working on migrations from SEPC and SEP SBE to SESE for about two or three months now.  I'll share a couple of hard-earned reality bits here :) 

First, if you have any mobile devices (phones/tablets I mean), expect a long delay in having that part functional in ICDm.  Up to 3 weeks.  Unless something has changed in just the last week or so to improve this.  For whatever reason, when you place your order and get the customer's ICDm access going, the Mobile provisioning team takes a very long time to get their part set up.  

I ordered about 15-20 new customer accounts 2-3 weeks ago, set up the ICDm's for each, and am only recently starting to see the Mobile tab functioning.  If it is not ready yet, when you click Mobile in ICDm on the left you get a grey-ish html page (new browser tab) with a lightning bolt image, saying "something went wrong".  During the wait period for provisioning to get this going, there are no communications to say when it is up.  You have to log in and check yourself.  Unless you log a support ticket, then the agent emails you to try.  

Please note, this entire provisioning process is susceptible to error as well.  In one instance, a typo made by the provisioning team led to a week's delay while I argued with the support agent that No, it is not working despite how it shows provisioned in your back-end database. When the agent finally saw the typo, problem resolved, but who knows how long for and in which direction things would have gone had the agent not spotted that.  That's just one incident among a few.  

So unless things have greatly improved in just the past 1-2 weeks, I would expect that you guys will not be able to get all your customers migrated on time so start prioritizing just in case.  

A couple of tips:  

For the fellow that mentioned logging in each day to each ICDm, yes you can set up reports sent to you, but bear in mind the default Alerts for threats only trigger on like 10 alerts per unit of time....I don't recall the unit of time, perhaps in 1 minute.....but anyway, my email reports would show real malware detected on a client device, yet I'd get no alert.  Turns out I would have it it were set to 1 and not the default 10 hits.  

Another tip:  how I manage my customers is to set up their ICDm, using alias @ mydomain . com email addresses tied to one of my M365 users, unique to each customer.  Under a Microsoft 365 user license, you can have up to 400 aliases.  In Outlook, set up Rules to inspect incoming mail on the primary address of that user account, searching for that alias address in the Message Header, and Move it to a subfolder of the Inbox (or wherever).  This works well for organizing which emails relate to which customers since you can then browse vertically with Unread emails on the left side in Outlook.  The email content/body messages themselves do not do a sufficient job to show who the emails are for, so my method is the only one that I know that ensures no confusion.  ​I'm sure there's a mail flow rule one can set in Exchange that does this or perhaps something in OWA but I'm happy to just set up one Rule per customer in my Outlook, which is open on my system 24/7.  

Just my 2 cents. :)

• 11.  RE: How to migrate Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition Cloud to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise Cloud

Posted Oct 15, 2020 08:49 AM
    Thanks Mixit

I noticed the mobile tab opens, but it doesn't list the loaded mobile devices.
    I haven't set up my mail forwarding for the reports yet, but I was planning to do it the same way you are. 

I haven't studied the reports results either yet, but I am hoping to get something similar to what SEP Cloud used to give us:

Managing Member
    Individual Computer Solutions