File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Set-up Encryption DEMO Lab

Posted Nov 21, 2021 01:23 AM
    Hi All,

I would like to ask if Symantec Encryption product can comply to one of our customer requirement.

-Audits/ Decryption Approval
    like some ERP functional mechanism. If a employee apply for a document decryption, the supervisor cloud be approval or deny.

If Yes what specific product sku do I need to to get to set up a demo.?

Encryption Management Server Powered By PGP Technology, 
    Desktop Email Encryption Powered By PGP Technology
    File Share Encryption Powered By PGP Technology Windows
     Gateway Email Encryption Powered By PGP Technology
     Key Management Client Access and CLI API Powered By PGP Technology
     Key Management Server Powered By PGP Technology, 

May I ask also the specific type of installer that I need to get to install the Encryption Management Server on VM Workstation? From the pdf manual its based on Centos OS but I just check on youtube theres a type of windows installer "SEE Server  ?Suite"

• 2.  RE: Set-up Encryption DEMO Lab

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2021 10:01 AM
    Marlon, 

Since the file share functionality is designed to be transparent to the user there isn't a way to prevent decryption of particular data if the user has been granted access.  User access to the share is managed by user keys or AD group membership mediating access to a group key.  A regular user cannot remove the encryption from a share but when they access files the data is decrypted on the fly and there's nothing that would prevent the user from saving that file to a non-encrypted location.  

The product SKU for this functionality is "File Share Encryption Powered By PGP Technology".

The installer for the Symantec Encryption Management Server is a virtual appliance delivered by ISO.  It is based on CentOS.  "SEE Server Suite" is for Symantec Endpoint Encryption which is a different product than file share encryption.  The file with the server ISO is in the "Encryption Management Server" section of the downloads and will be named Symantec_Encryption_Web_<version number>_Full.zip.  

Josh

• 3.  RE: Set-up Encryption DEMO Lab

Posted Nov 22, 2021 11:51 AM
    Thanks Josh noted on this!