Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SEP SBE Renewals seem impossible

• 1.  SEP SBE Renewals seem impossible

Posted Dec 30, 2019 12:35 PM

We use to renew through hostedendpoint.spn.com website, but that has been disabled.

Symantec has a list of resellers to contact for renewals... and I've called all of them (3 pages) over the last few weeks, either they don't call back or are not interested in helping renew a measly 25 seat license.

I called Symantec support, but the agent was not able to find any solution in her script, and could not move off script.

I hate to leave Symantec... just got everything configured how we like it, but don't see that we have a choice.

Is anyone else set to expire soon, with no way to renew?

Suggestions please.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: SEP SBE Renewals seem impossible

Posted Dec 31, 2019 02:21 PM

• 3.  RE: SEP SBE Renewals seem impossible

Posted Jan 07, 2020 01:01 PM

This is exactly what we are faced with.    I don't want to change.   We just now have everything set up like we want on our cloud server and desktops.

Anyone have a replacement product?

Like the person above stated, getting some "3rd party" to assist you is next to impossible.  

Also looking for replacement suggestions.

• 4.  RE: SEP SBE Renewals seem impossible

Posted Jan 07, 2020 05:11 PM
    I placed an order with CDW and after several days of the order remaining unfulfilled, the rep said that CDW doesn’t even have the licenses to give yet and that the whole Broadcom situation might be to blame. Their recommendation is to move to an alternative.

• 5.  RE: SEP SBE Renewals seem impossible

Posted Jan 16, 2020 01:23 PM

Same here. I contacted CDW Canada many times, but not able to renew from Symantec after acquisitions. I hate to switch away from symantec.. 

• 6.  RE: SEP SBE Renewals seem impossible

Posted Jan 23, 2020 11:38 AM

exact same experience.   Partner locator results do not reply or recommend replacement.  CDW accepted order then cancelled.  

• 7.  RE: SEP SBE Renewals seem impossible

Posted Jan 27, 2020 06:43 AM

Same scenario here. 

Our partner was, after over a month, told by our distributor that Broadcom tell them that they cannot obtain pricing for any non-incumbant going forward.

No transition product offered, no suggestions.

So only option is to change to a different product. Why we'd trust another Broadcom product after this debacle, where even a forum sticky here or message post on the product's management console is beyond them.

Nor did support queries say anything other than "contact a partner" (by way of the partner page which is also borked and fails to "find by location" for our country).

• 8.  RE: SEP SBE Renewals seem impossible

Posted Jan 27, 2020 01:43 PM

Yeah I have 80 PCs I was using SEP to protect. Thanks for screwing your customers, Symantec.

Obviously I will be moving on. It's a shameful end to the train wreck.

• 9.  RE: SEP SBE Renewals seem impossible

Posted Jan 28, 2020 08:32 PM

After several weeks, I received email for SEP, but when I tried to link the new product to MySymantec, it won't let me.  I login to MySymantec, and there's nothing other than my profile.  I cannot see my product or anything.  I tried contacting the support chat, but no agents are available.  This is getting ridiculous.  We paid for 10 licenses and no support or I can't even install because I have no link for a download.  When did Symantec became like this?  I've been with Symantec for years and years since 1998.  Now they do not support its customers at all.  Maybe I should file a complaint and they will finally answer.

• 10.  RE: SEP SBE Renewals seem impossible

Posted Jan 30, 2020 05:29 AM
    I have had the same problem as everyone else. In 2 weeks my 32 clients license runs out. I have contacted every partner on the page but have been unable to renew. The only response I get back is to switch to another provider. Symantec support are totally dismissive and Broadcom can't be bothered to reply. I have used SEP in one form or another for over 12 years. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from Symantec and Broadcom.

• 11.  RE: SEP SBE Renewals seem impossible

Posted Jan 30, 2020 08:38 AM

We  have decided to move away from Symantec solution after 15 years. Simply we can not afford any possible risk caused by future product quality and ongoing support.

• 12.  RE: SEP SBE Renewals seem impossible

Posted Feb 02, 2020 06:11 AM

On my cloud-only SEP small business setup, when the licence ran out 30 Jan, a button appear to allow me to add on a 60-day 50 user trial licence. This will tie us over for another 2 months - possibly an indication of when Symantec/Broadcom think licence renewals will become generally available again.

• 13.  RE: SEP SBE Renewals seem impossible

Posted Feb 10, 2020 09:16 PM
    No response from either Broadcom or Symantec...big shock. Looks like i will be forced to switch. Has anyone else used ESET?

• 14.  RE: SEP SBE Renewals seem impossible

Posted Mar 06, 2020 11:05 AM

I find an article in Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/f9egd5/looks_like_symantec_sbe_and_sep_and_going_eol_nov/

IS it true what is stated in that article??

Effective immediately, Symantec has asked partners to stop selling SEP Cloud and SEP SBE, which means you will no longer be able to renew or add additional seats to your current subscription
    Effective 2 NOV 2020, SEP Cloud and SEP SBE services will no longer be available, and your devices will no longer be protected if you don't transition to SES

------------------------------
    Federico Masi
    ------------------------------