Endpoint Threat Defense for Active Directory

View Only
  • 1.  License

Posted May 14, 2020 07:49 PM
    Hello, I purchased the "Advanced Endpoint Defense (without SEP), Initial Hybrid Subscription License with Support, 100-249 Devices 1 YR" 3 months ago. And I still haven't activated it because coronavirus.

My question is, does the license time start from the moment you buy it or from the moment I activate it?

• 2.  RE: License

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2020 12:03 PM
    Symantec product license files are active from the date issued in the license file. If you have a .slf file for a Symantec product and open that file in a text editor, start and end dates are visible in the output.

------------------------------
    Solutions Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: License

Posted May 20, 2020 06:25 PM
    Hi Kris, Thanks for the reply.

I have a couple of questions,
    * Where can I download the corresponding software (SETDAD Installer)?
    * Does the license have to be activated in my SEPM or in the "Symantec Endpoint Threat Defense for Active Directory" console? or both?

• 4.  RE: License

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2020 10:38 AM
    Download the latest version of Symantec software 
    This is the instruction article for downloading software. Follow the above link to get to your software. If you don't have it listed, contact customer care to get your Site ID updated.

Kris Gainsforth
    Solutions Engineer
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: License

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2020 10:39 AM
    License files will need to be installed in any products that require them. If you have a SESC license, then you will need to install the license in each product (SEP, TDAD, EDR, etc.)

Kris Gainsforth
    Solutions Engineer
    Broadcom