WebFilter / Intelligence Services

View Only
  • 1.  BCWF databse with squid

Posted Aug 18, 2020 08:41 AM
    Hi, I've got a question. Can I use bcwf.db file with Squid or something like dnscache ufdb or something else ?

• 2.  RE: BCWF databse with squid

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2020 01:37 PM
    Hi Nikita,

You cannot. The BCWF database is meant for the Bluecoat ProxySG.

Thanks!

• 3.  RE: BCWF databse with squid

Posted Aug 25, 2020 12:20 AM
    Hi Team,

Can we know the link for download bcis.db ?
    Or mybe can you give me the .db for upload manual to our proxysg.

Best Regards,
    John Piter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The email (including attachment) is subject to the following Confidentiality Note
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 4.  RE: BCWF databse with squid

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2020 01:50 PM

Hi John,

Do you mean BCIS or BCWF? With BCWF (WebFilter), if users had an air gapped network, or some other reason, they could download the BCWF database, upload it to a local server, and have their ProxySGs point to the server. With BCIS (Intelligence Services), this is not possible. Neither BCWF nor BCIS provide an option to manually upload the database.

Note: It is important not to mess with the content filtering data source settings on the ProxySG, unless you know which one (BCWF or BCIS) you have, as if you have one, and then toggle the settings in the GUI to the other and save, the existing database will be purged.

For BCIS, the download URL is built into the ProxySG. As the ProxySG does mutual authentication with the server for the connection, this it is not something that can be downloaded outside of the ProxySG. The only way to get the BCIS database is to make sure the ProxySG has a good connection to the internet and do a direct download onto the ProxySG

For BCWF, (less common, as it is being phased out), then you should be able to use the URL shown below. (I don't have a BCWF password, and haven't checked recently, but it has worked in the past). You will also need your BCWF username and password. 

The BCWF database could then be put on a local server that your ProxySG could access, and you would change the URL text box in this screen to reflect the file path on the local server. You would then remove the Username and Password fields, and the ProxySG would be able to reach out to the remote server.

Hope this helps!