Server Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Heartbeat

Posted Aug 13, 2020 10:18 AM
    Edited by Dale Anderson Sep 30, 2020 02:47 PM
    I just upgraded my NS from 8.5 RU3 to RU4 and for some reason the Heartbeat alerts are no longer working.  I have turned the policies off and back on. 
    I have read some of the documentation and it explains the heartbeat for monitoring but lacks in the troubleshooting.  So I am looking for direction on troubleshooting and fixing. 

Have a ticket open with Broadcom.  We have uninstalled and reinstalled the Monitoring Solution on the NS. They have been looking over the log files.  It has been a while since I have heard back from Broadcom.  

Still no further on a solution than I was a couple months ago.

Thanks in advance.

Dale
    Heartbeat seems to be broken after upgrade from 8.5 RU3 to RU4

Uninstall the monitor service.  Reinstalled this did not help
    cleared the event ques and logs and that did not help.

No events and alerts coming into the console.  None.

I can see some hearbeat info in the NS log files.  And I had a test server I was using and there are no alerts when I turn it off or turn it back on.  

Just no monitoring at all.

------------------------------
    Growmark| Inc

• 2.  RE: Heartbeat

Posted Oct 30, 2020 11:42 AM
    So the Broadcom Eng and I worked on this for about 5 weeks and things just kept getting worse.  The heartbeats were not working and then the Alerts in general stopped working.  Found out that the port 162 was broken for some reason.  Working with Wireshark on the NS we found that the EventReciever.exe was not using the port at all.
    It was at this time we decided to spin up a new NS and start from scratch by recreating everything.  After getting it going with all the CEM and clients registering we then made sure the EventReciever was working through port 162.  Setting up the SNMP Service trap and security information we started to receive traps.  THIS was a great day.  Then we migrated the clients from the old NS to the new NS.  This had a few bumps in the road.  Through the ingenuity of our very own Mr. McClintock we were able to get the clients to migrate and setup the snmp traps.  

Just thought I would close this out with a snippet of what we did to fix the port 162 and the Monitoring Alerts problem.... oh and the heartbeats are working again too.

Growmark| Inc