Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  OneDrive Exception at Agent Configuration now working

Posted Jul 09, 2020 09:11 PM
    Hello

We have applied an exception for our company's OneDrive to all agent configuration %HOMEPATH%\OneDrive - <Company>\* so far the exception has been working, but recently it's not working. 

The only change we did was to add an exception for SharePoint folder to same cloud storage filter above that syncs to OneDrive application. Here is exception pattern %HOMEPATH%\<Company>\* and this exception is working. As for the order in agent configuration it's on top so DLP can ignore early on. 

Do I need to separate the exception into 2 filters? Any assistance would be appreciated. 

• 2.  RE: OneDrive Exception at Agent Configuration now working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2020 10:59 AM
    It is valid to have multiple paths in the filter as you show so you shouldn't have to break it out separately.  After you had made the modification to the agent configuration, did you update that configuration to your agent group?  Without updating the corresponding agent group with the new agent configuration, it's possible that your agents still have the outdated configuration.  Check System > Agents > Agent Groups in the Enforce console to see if you have a red exclamation point on the agent configuration (indicating that an update needs to be applied to that group).

• 3.  RE: OneDrive Exception at Agent Configuration now working

Posted Jul 14, 2020 04:13 PM
    Ericmonson, I did update the agent group when I made the changes and I didn't see any red exclamation point beside agent group.

• 4.  RE: OneDrive Exception at Agent Configuration now working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 15, 2020 07:06 PM
    Perfect.  So without any red exclamation point that is an indicator that the updated configuration did make it out to the DLP agents.  I'm looking at your image one more time and can't tell if there might be any spaces in your path for %HOMEPATH%\OneDrive - <Company>\*.  Are there any spaces in the path?  If there are  spaces you can try to place that path within quotation marks. Remember that after saving any changes to the agent configuration that it will need to be applied to your Agent Groups.