Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Injecting 802.1x cert into Symantec's Automation Folder boot.wim

Posted Jun 11, 2019 03:13 PM

The original problem we are experience at the present time is "DHCP Service Retry" repeated error messages.  Yes we updated the NIC driver (I-219LM) and this did not resolve the error messages.  We have isolated it to the point where we need to insert 802.1x protocol into the WinPE Automation Folder.  This means we need to properly place our  802.1x pfx file onto the Notification Server and Re-create the Preboot Configuration ( BootWiz)  so that we get an 802.1x boot.wim file that can be distributed to the client.  To Date no one knows where to place this fix and/or perform the command sequencing to get this imported or inserted into the bootwiz process ultimately the boot.wim file.

We currently are using Rel 8.5 RU2, and running out of time.   So if anyone has performed a similar task please contact me with the steps you have taken and.or provide the instructions to successfully complete this challenge.

Thanks Steve

• 2.  RE: Injecting 802.1x cert into Symantec's Automation Folder boot.wim

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2019 08:25 AM

You can place custom files on NS to following location

\\localhost\NSCap\bin\Deployment\BDC\bootwiz\oem\DS\winpe\<ARCH>\Base

This folder is getting injected to all boot.wim's bootwiz creates, both PXE + Automation folder.

\\localhost\NSCap\bin\Deployment\BDC\bootwiz\Platforms\WinPE\<ARCH>\Templates

Contains the start-up script that you might want to play around to meet your needs.

NB: all of this is customization, Symantec will not take any responsibility for this :)

NB2: Something interesting I found https://www.asquaredozen.com/2018/07/29/configurin...