Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  PGP Installation problem

Posted Dec 13, 2011 08:29 AM

Hello,

i recieve this error when installing PGP Desktop 10.1.0 (Windows XP Pro SP2 32-bit):

"Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\PGP Corporation\PGP Desktop\PGPolplg.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024714. Contact your support personnel."

This solution: [Win+R] RegSvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\PGP Corporation\PGP Desktop\PGPolplg.dll"[Enter]    not working. Problem is still here.

Need help with this.

Thank you for your attention.

P.S. sorry for my english.

• 2.  RE: PGP Installation problem

Posted Dec 13, 2011 09:58 AM

Is this an upgrade from an earlier PGP version?  If so, you may be able to resolve this by uninstalling the prior version and before installing the newer version.  It might also help to install without the NetShare component. 

• 3.  RE: PGP Installation problem

Posted Dec 13, 2011 02:45 PM

are you running from local administrator?

is there any gpo blocking the dll registration?

any security software?

tried installing in safe mode?

• 4.  RE: PGP Installation problem

Posted Dec 13, 2011 11:57 PM

Hello, Tom Mc,

no, it's not upgrade, from all PGP Desktop components I only need Net Share.

Hi, Julian_M,

yes, I'm running it from local administrator.

no, there is no gpo, that can block dll registration.

only Kaspersky AV installed on this computer (as security software).

No, I didn't try to install PGP in safe mode, I'll try it today.

Thank you for your attention!

• 5.  RE: PGP Installation problem

Posted Dec 27, 2011 04:42 PM

Download latest dependency walker from net ( free) and open the file in this tool which you want to register. It lists all the dependency files which are not able find. download all the dependency files from the net and place it in same directory where the file has been placed. now go to run, type regsvr32 " file which you want to register" and enter.

It should work fine.

• 6.  RE: PGP Installation problem

Posted Jun 15, 2021 09:57 AM
    Hello,

I was trying to install Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.5 on Windows 7 64-bit and I've got exactly the same problem.
    On the whole internet, this was the only topic coming close to my issue, so I have decided to give it a try with the
    Dependency Walker...
    And I was shocked, from what I found out !!! All the other DLLs, found by the tool were listed as x64, while ONLY
    the file PGPolplg.dll was shown as x86 in red !!! This is really shocking and I don't know what to do...
    Could it be, that the 64-bit installation package has been prepared wrongly with a 32-bit DLL file ?!? PLEASE HELP !!!

• 7.  RE: PGP Installation problem

Posted Jun 15, 2021 10:25 AM
    P. S.: I have also tried to install the 32-bit version in a 32-bit Windows 7.
    I have got exactly the same error during the installation. However, with
    Dependency Walker there were some errors, but I could not determine
    the exact reason, nevertheless, it was not possible to install the product.

• 8.  RE: PGP Installation problem

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2021 10:33 AM

Hi Peter,

Symantec encryption desktop 10.5 does not support Windows 7. Please upgrade your windows 7 to latest supported OS. Please refer following KB for supported OS platforms

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/information-security/symantec-encryption-desktop/10-5/System-Requirements/System-Requirements-for-Symantec-Encryption-Desktop-10_5-for-Windows.html

Thanks and Regards,

Madan