Management Center and Reporting

View Only

Management Center and Reporter VA + subscription renewal

• 1.  Management Center and Reporter VA + subscription renewal

Posted Aug 01, 2021 07:23 PM
    Hi,

We have recently renewed our Management Center VA and Reporter VA subscriptions for one year.

The serial number of both subscriptions changed with the renewal. We were told it was due to internal policy at Broadcom. 

Technical Support confirmed to us that it was impossible to reconfigure the virtual appliances with the new serial numbers, and they told us that there was no other solution than redeploying everything!?

So we have now reinstalled Management Center and Reporter ... Even if those are virtual appliances, it still required a few hours of work... 

We have not really been able to get much more info from Technical Support.  I was expecting to have more details here.  This situation looks sooooo crazy!!

Is it the same for all Broadcom customers? Are we going to have to reinstall MC and RPT each year?? I hope that at least, we'll soon be able to change the serial number of virtual appliances in the next versions.

In a few weeks, our BCIS and CAS/MA licences will expire too. Our serial numbers have also changed with the latest renewal. And we must wait that the current contracts expire to be able to check that the new contract is fine. In the meantime, I can just hope that there won't be any impact on the service...

Strangely, we have some SGVAs, and their serial number did not change with the renewal process.  That's at least something I did not need to worry about.

Thanks for your input!
    Jonathan