Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  Transitioning to SES

Posted Jul 05, 2020 06:45 PM
    You do have to manually upgrade.

We have SEP SBE and we have to uninstall the old to put on the SES.

Broadcom / Symantec was unable to create a "rip and replace" routine.

That is because the old Symantec was Norton rebranded as Symantec.  SES is Symantec and a totally different prodcut line.

We have the same headaches as we have about 600 to do but we are about a third way done.

The support docs are not great.  And we have had to learn on our own as we go.

Mark J.

• 2.  RE: Transitioning to SES

Posted Jul 06, 2020 04:32 PM
    My office also recently had to switch from SEP SBE to SES (which is actually called SEP !!??).  I received maybe three or four sets of instructions regarding how to migrate and how to prepare.   For the most part, the instructions either didn't work (things they told you to do couldn't be done or made no sense) or instructions failed to include all necessary steps - instructed to do this or that, but not told how to get to where you have to do this or that.
    Don't recall anything saying uninstall SEP SBE first.   Thought it would just do the rip and replace.   Nope.   Now I can't get rid of the inoperable SEP SBE.   I suppose I can uninstall everything then reinstall SES or SEP, whatever they want to call it now.  PITA
    This rollout and upgrade (?) has not been very user friendly or confidence inspiring.

------------------------------
    Landry| Watkins| Repaske & Breaux
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Transitioning to SES

Posted Jul 06, 2020 05:05 PM

If you don't delete SEP SBE first it will cause all sorts of grief.

What we found works in cases where SBE you didn't uninstall SBE first, is to SEP 14.3 (SES) and reinstall SBE and then do a restore back a few days.

Then uninstall SBE and install the new.

There could be other ways like running cleanwipe but we found the previous to work and not require more hoops to jump through.

If you have other questions let me know as I learned a lot on our own as the tech support isn't that great due to the overseas element.

Mark J