Altiris Software Dev Kit (ASDK)

View Only
  • 1.  Report - Multiple Queries Filter/target - Automation

Posted Jan 09, 2020 01:12 PM

Completely new to Report building - so Im asking for some help -    I have three goals in mind:    One report that shows nodes with selected software & version installed  &  reports that shows nodes without selected software installed.   I was ablle to start my query with what I want to see below:   But the query ends with the first software display name and ignores the rest.

SELECT arp.DisplayName,arp.DIsplayVersion,vc.Name

FROM vComputer vc

JOIN Inv_AddRemoveProgram arp ON arp._ResourceGuid=vc.[Guid]

WHERE arp.DIsplayName LIKE '%Bio%'                                                               report stops on this line - need to display the remaining as well if possible

OR arp.DIsplayName LIKE '%PCA-1.10.12.1943%'

OR arp.DIsplayName LIKE '%ActivID-ActivClient-x64-7.2%'

OR arp.DIsplayName LIKE '%USAccessNetworkTestTool%'

The second goal is to build a  filter / target  using report info so I dont have to key in hundred of node names.

The final goal  - and this is an advanced one -    Creating a Server task -   I want to come up with something where it looks to see if the package is installed before it installs it.   If No - install:   If Yes skip

• 2.  RE: Report - Multiple Queries Filter/target - Automation

Posted Jan 09, 2020 04:46 PM

Have you tried using Where arp.arp.DIsplayName in ('%Bio%','%PCA-1.10.12.1943%','%ActivID-ActivClient-x64-7.2%') to see if that might work instead?

• 3.  RE: Report - Multiple Queries Filter/target - Automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2020 12:57 AM

Hi Steven Gabriel!

Did you check separately each required software from "Inv_AddRemoveProgram" sql table? To make sure that it really is there.

I don't see any problems using multiple OR operators parsing "Inv_AddRemoveProgram" sql table and it returns for me Adobe,Citrix & Java products since I know that they are already installed on managed computers and are in "Inv_AddRemoveProgram" sql table.

SELECT arp.DisplayName,arp.DisplayVersion,vc.Name
    FROM vComputer vc
    JOIN Inv_AddRemoveProgram arp ON arp._ResourceGuid=vc.[Guid]
    WHERE arp.DisplayName LIKE '%Citrix%'
    OR arp.DisplayName LIKE '%Adobe%'
    OR arp.DisplayName LIKE '%Java%'
    ORDER BY arp.DisplayName
    ASC