Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 Intelligent Updater site

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2021 01:50 PM

Hi All,

Do you find the following Intelligent Updater site easy to follow and find what you need to download?  Could it use improvements? Open discussion on if you find the site easy to digest or if this site needs improvements to help the customer experience.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    John Owens
    Strategic Support Engineer | Symantec Endpoint Security Division (SES)
    Broadcom Software

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 Intelligent Updater site

Posted Dec 08, 2021 01:34 AM
    Hi John, if you work for a long time with Symantec, you will understand this page and find what you need.
    A possible improvement could be to create a kind of Drop-Down or Filter Function on Top for the Version of SEP you are running or you are searching for.
    Another improvement could be, if you combine this with all 3 IU Pages and also link to the static IU Updater page, for scripts.

• 3.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 Intelligent Updater site

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2021 06:13 PM
    Really appreciate the feedback.

John Owens
    Strategic Support Engineer | Symantec Endpoint Security Division (SES)
    Broadcom Software

• 4.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 Intelligent Updater site

Posted Dec 10, 2021 09:51 AM
    Hey John,

Before the site was migrated from Symantec, I used the pages to automagically download definitions for my standalone networks. Losing the FTP ability, and the way that Broadcom renders the page using Javascript (the page has to be rendered in a browser to get at the download links) kills that capability...the end result being that I have to manually download 12 different files nightly.

I've gotten used to traversing the pages pretty quickly, but one thing that would help me personally is to have all the Dark Definitions grouped or on their own page. At this point I don't even read the descriptions, I look specifically for 64bit core15 and sometimes core3 definitions...and then download.

Hope this helps, and thanks for asking.
    -Mike