Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  How to buy Symantec Desktop Encryption 64 bit for Mac?

Posted Jun 14, 2021 07:14 PM
    Hello, I have been using Symantec Desktop Encryption since back when it was called PGP. I'm currently using Version 10.4.2 MP1HF1 [Build 393]. Unfortunately this doesn't work on the newest Mac OS which require 64 bit versions. Is there a Symantec Desktop Encryption Version 10.5 for Mac (64 bit?). If so, how do I buy it? This website seems designed to sell software to large companies, not individuals. I created a regular account and but can't upgrade it to get a Site ID because it asks me for a business email and rejects my personal email (GMX.com). I would just like to enter a credit card number somewhere, buy the software, and download it (instead of having to read endless articles on how to navigate this website). Thanks in advance, Michael

• 2.  RE: How to buy Symantec Desktop Encryption 64 bit for Mac?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2021 04:00 AM
    Hi Michael

I suggest going here:
    Find a Partner or Distributor

So far as I'm aware, you can't buy online in the way you would like to.

• 3.  RE: How to buy Symantec Desktop Encryption 64 bit for Mac?

Posted Jun 25, 2021 11:23 PM
    I've spend over two hours going through about thirty vendors without luck. Can you give me the name/website of a Partner or Distributor who will sell me a copy of "Symantec_Encryption_Desktop_10.5.0_MP1_MacOSX.tar.gz"

Thanks in advance.

• 4.  RE: How to buy Symantec Desktop Encryption 64 bit for Mac?

Posted Mar 08, 2023 05:53 PM

Mike - did you ever find a partner to sell you this? We are in the exact same boat. They keep wanting to sell me the SEE product which does not have the feature we need. 

• 5.  RE: How to buy Symantec Desktop Encryption 64 bit for Mac?

Posted Mar 08, 2023 06:34 PM
    Hi Troy, I never found the product. Eventually I gave up trying. There are free alternatives that do the same thing. GPG Suite (www.gpgtools.org) is based on PGP and encrypts messages and files in a similar way. VeraCrypt (https://veracrypt.fr/en/Home.html) is an open source program that creates an encrypted container that you can drag-and-drop in and out of (similar to PGPdisk). Apple's newest operating system also allows you to create an encrypted virtual disk with 256-bit AES encryption via its Disk Utility app. Using these three solutions renders Symantec Desktop Encryption as pretty much moot these days.

• 6.  RE: How to buy Symantec Desktop Encryption 64 bit for Mac?

Posted Mar 08, 2023 07:17 PM
    Edited by Troy Beckett Mar 21, 2023 06:28 PM

Got it and thanks for the reply! We need the FileShare encryption utility to use with a Windows Server share as well as the VirtualDisk feature on some of the Windows computers so looks like we are stuck pounding on the doors of Broadcom's resale partners.

Update: We figured out that purchasing Symantec Endpoint Encryption gave us access to download SED 10.5.1 from the entitlements page and also provided us licenses for the software (both Windows and MacOSX). We used a reseller named Insight and they were very helpful. https://www.insight.com/