Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Does Symantec DLP support VMWare Hoarizon Cloud for Endpoint Prevent

Posted Aug 07, 2020 10:41 AM
    Does Symantec DLP 15.5/15.7 support VMware Hoarizon Cloud for Endpoint Prevent agent installations?

• 2.  RE: Does Symantec DLP support VMWare Hoarizon Cloud for Endpoint Prevent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2020 06:36 PM
    Both DLP 15.5/15.7 versions support running the DLP agent on virtual workstations running various versions of VMware Horizon View. See the links below for the system requirement details.

15.7 System Requirements

15.5 System Requirements (on page 43)

• 3.  RE: Does Symantec DLP support VMWare Hoarizon Cloud for Endpoint Prevent

Posted Aug 08, 2020 11:32 AM
    Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply!

I am aware that VMware Horizon View is supported but I am interested to know if VMware Horizon Cloud is supported. As the cloud version seems to be running a different than Horizon View. We are running VMware Horizon Cloud version 19.3/19.4 which is nowhere near to the supported versions of VMware Horizon View (6.0.1 and 6.2.1, 7.1, 7.3.1, 7.4, 7.6, 7.9, and 7.10). I am not very much familiar with the VDI technology but my hunch says there will be some technical difference between both solutions.

Symantec has nowhere mentioned support for VMware Horizon Cloud in any technical documentation. So would be great if someone can shed some light there. While the agent works on VMware Horizon Cloud (I have got few agents running on that), I would like to know if there would be any technical challenge or issue with such setup.

Thanks in advance.

• 4.  RE: Does Symantec DLP support VMWare Hoarizon Cloud for Endpoint Prevent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 12, 2020 02:12 PM
    If your particular version is not listed with the system requirements documentation then it has not been validated by engineering and therefore would not be officially supported by DLP.  I have been unable to uncover any additional documentation for your version of Horizon Cloud.  With that said, it is possible there might not be any conflicts at all... it just hasn't been tested so there isn't any data available to know.  If you have a test DLP lab, this would be a scenario that I would recommend you test to see if the behavior is as expected.  You might also consider working with professional services to customize an implementation with VMWare Horizon Cloud 19.x.  Please keep in mind that technical support can assist with supported configurations only, according to what we have in system requirements, so by working with a professional services team you have the added benefit that they can step in to troubleshoot their custom work.

• 5.  RE: Does Symantec DLP support VMWare Hoarizon Cloud for Endpoint Prevent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2020 06:17 PM
    Please have a look at this link:

https://help.symantec.com/cs/DLP15.7/DLP/v134690940_v133697641/Virtual-machine-support?locale=EN_US

You'll find a VMWare support list for Endpoint under "Virtual desktop and virtual application support with Endpoint Prevent"