Endpoint Protection

View Only

When move the machine to another group, it will automatically move all other machine with the same username into that group.

• 1.  When move the machine to another group, it will automatically move all other machine with the same username into that group.

Posted Jul 05, 2020 06:02 PM
    Hi,

I am using SEPM 14.2, yesterday I try to install few machines with windows 10 ver.1803 by using the following procedures.
    1. Login windows by using local administrator account (Windows built-in).
    2. Install SEP Client by clicking the setup exe.
    3. Import communication setting by using xml to connect to SEPM default group.
    4. Create another group called "Testing" in SEPM and disable the inheritance.
    5. Move the first newly installed machine to the "Testing" group by right click the machine entry and select move.
    6. Install another windows 10 machine and do the same from step 1.

What I have observed is when I first move the machine with local administrator login to the Testing group, Another machines with local administrator currently login or previous login (have old entries) would automatically go to the Testing group. I think the move action is based on the login account but not based on the machine name. Is there any way to move it based on machine name?