Email Security.cloud

View Only
  • 1.  Message Filtered 553

Posted May 20, 2020 08:26 AM
    Hi,

I hope you're all well. I'm still having an issue where my client's emails are being filtered by Symantec/MessageLabs.

I've ran their IP through your tool (https://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/ipr/lookup) and it states "IP 51.141.5.228 does not have any bad reputation".

I've also ran it through other blacklist checks and spam list checkers and everything is coming back clean. This company doesn't send bulk emails, neither do they send emails to 'subscribers'. I've checked their DNS and everything is good, I've ran their SPF/MX through some checkers and it is coming back good.

Their sending IP is: 51.141.5.228

Also just for reference, we have followed the guides found on Symantec's website to request IP removal from the blacklist by sending emails to various addresses with attachments. We've done this quite a few times over the past few weeks but haven't heard back as of yet.

Please could this be looked at as soon as possible? It is limiting them from doing their job.

If you need any more information from me, please let me know. Thanks for your help. Stay safe!

• 2.  RE: Message Filtered 553

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2020 03:44 PM
    Hi Oliver, 

Are you a Symantec customer who is having trouble receiving emails from this IP? If that's the case please raise a case to have this issue resolved. 

If your not a customer please see the below link. You can advise them to submit sample our cloudfeedback address. 

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=165144

This will automatically adjust signatures for any FP's. 

Thanks, 

Vijay S

• 3.  RE: Message Filtered 553

Posted May 21, 2020 07:44 AM
    Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your reply!

No we're not. Our client regularly sends emails to government bodies who use Symantec/MessageLab's filtering service and they are receiving bouncebacks stating their mail is being filtered.

I've followed the procedure on the link and everything is clean. I've sent multiple submissions to the address before, but not since it's been switched over to BroadCom. I've sent another submission through!

Kind Regards,

Ollie

• 4.  RE: Message Filtered 553

Posted May 22, 2020 11:49 AM
    Hi Vijay,

I haven't heard anything back and it states on the website (https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?legacyId=TECH253894) that I should hear back within 24 hours. Are you able to confirm whether it has been received? I'm sorry if I sound pushy but we've been having this issue for months and I'm at a loss of what to do for my client.

Have a great weekend.

Kind Regards,

Ollie

• 5.  RE: Message Filtered 553

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2020 12:57 PM
    Hi Oliver, 

Please provide the following so I can check status: 

Details of the original email

•     Original sender and recipient addresses
    •     Date/Time Sent
    •     Subject of the email

Details of the false positive spam sample submission

•     "Sending" email address of submission
    •     Date/Time Sent
    •     Subject of the email

Thanks, 

Vijay

• 6.  RE: Message Filtered 553

Posted May 26, 2020 06:03 AM
    Hi Vijay,

I'm sorry for the delayed response - it was my weekend off. I hope you had a good weekend!

I don't feel comfortable putting the end user's email address in this forum, would it be possible for me to private message this to you?

Thanks!

Ollie