Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 14.3 RU2 and above - Chrome Browser Extensions

Posted Sep 27, 2022 08:17 PM
    Has anyone determined how to turn off chrome browser extensions AND not get the Browser Intrusion Prevention is malfunctioning message on the SEP client?

When we configure group policy to not allow Chrome Browser Extension to be installed the client eventually comes back with the status "Browser Intrustion Prevention is malfunctioning........"

• 2.  RE: SEP 14.3 RU2 and above - Chrome Browser Extensions

Posted Sep 28, 2022 01:31 AM
    Hi,

You need to upgrade to SEPM 14.3 RU5 (Just the manager), as the Chrome Browser Extension now unloads when you uncheck Browser Intrusion Prevention.

It's documented here, https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=226741.

"NOTE: The above change is only for cloud enrolled SES clients. SEP clients managed with on-premises SEPM will include this feature in version 14.3 RU5 (only the manager needs be updated to RU5). Until then, disabling Browser Intrusion Prevention in SEP policy still requires the extension to be installed - it is just put into pass-through mode - and to prevent this error you must allow its installation or disable/withdraw the SEP IPS policy entirely."

• 3.  RE: SEP 14.3 RU2 and above - Chrome Browser Extensions

Posted Sep 28, 2022 11:36 AM
    Thanks for the info.

We have already upgraded SEPM to 14.3 RU5.  I have read about disabling the Browser Intrusion Prevention option and I'm not sure I like that.

• 4.  RE: SEP 14.3 RU2 and above - Chrome Browser Extensions

Posted Sep 29, 2022 02:31 AM
    I'm not sure i understand why this is a problem if you want to use it then?

• 5.  RE: SEP 14.3 RU2 and above - Chrome Browser Extensions

Posted Sep 30, 2022 01:04 AM
    Instead of disabling it, go ahead and enable it to NOT get the malfuction message. Installing the Endpoint Protection Chrome Browser Extension using an Active Directory Group Policy Object (broadcom.com)

• 6.  RE: SEP 14.3 RU2 and above - Chrome Browser Extensions

Posted Sep 30, 2022 12:24 PM
    Have you successfully done this?

• 7.  RE: SEP 14.3 RU2 and above - Chrome Browser Extensions

Posted Sep 30, 2022 01:29 AM
    I think this activation procedure for Chrome Browser Extensions using AD policy and registry it is a proof of incompetence of Broadcom.
    Why we need to modify a lot of thinks to be able to make the product to work well? We are already paying for licenses, please make your product to function without our intervention at this level!!
    Thanks!

• 8.  RE: SEP 14.3 RU2 and above - Chrome Browser Extensions

Posted Sep 30, 2022 01:50 AM
    You need to conform to the rules set by Google and Microsoft in this case. Can you ellaborate on this a bit more @testerics?​