alexander smg

alexander smgJan 20, 2020 06:20 AM

alexander smg

alexander smgJan 27, 2020 06:11 AM

alexander smg

alexander smgJan 29, 2020 06:28 AM

• 1.  How do we renew licenses?

Posted Nov 26, 2019 05:13 PM

Can anyone please urgently tell me how to renew my symantec licenses?

I'm suffering critical system outages on an expired product and broadcom are refusing to allow sales partners to renew, and all the Symantec numbers I call are disconnected, and none of the online support portals are working...

Chris.

• 2.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Nov 26, 2019 05:15 PM

p.s. I lodged my severity-2 case more than 2 weeks ago - but I've heard nothing.

The advice here does not work: https://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-get-symantec-endpoint-division-sed-product-support-within-broadcom?list_context_id=3377631&list_context_type=symantec_product

• 3.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Nov 27, 2019 12:11 AM
    Can u call the regular Symantec number

• 4.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Nov 28, 2019 07:20 PM

We have bought licenses for a trial version rolled out, and its been over 2 weeks and its still not applied to our account?

looks like Broadcom buying Symantec is causing issues with them applying licences............hopless.

• 5.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Nov 29, 2019 04:13 AM
    I would keep trying pls.

• 6.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Dec 03, 2019 05:42 PM

No numbers or online chat works. I'm thinking about requesting a credit from our sales partner and looking for an alternative solution.

• 7.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Dec 03, 2019 11:34 PM
    Oh no

• 8.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Dec 13, 2019 11:34 AM

Same problem here in Italy. The distributor says it's all blocked! Our customers are very worried.

• 9.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Dec 14, 2019 11:50 AM

I followed the "new process" after the Broadcom take-over.... it's completely bogus.  I placed an order with an approved "partner" for Symantec in Canada.... that was 7 weeks ago..... still no licenses.... the approved partner keeps telling me that their orders are "pending" with the new Broadcom organization... what a complete cluster&*^%...... I actually want to buy their product and they won't let me!  

Terrible tarnishing of a once great brand......... we'll be ditching Symantec shortly....... 

• 10.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Dec 18, 2019 01:35 PM
    Keep trying. Takeovers take time. Relax guys

• 11.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Dec 18, 2019 01:42 PM

I am reposting this item from a comment on the article below.  This should give you more information about License Renewal and Support.

https://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-get-symantec-endpoint-division-sed-product-support-within-broadcom?cid=12238221#comment-12238221

Tony Sutton TRUSTED ADVISOR

Hi all,

I have been in touch with someone and I was asked to post this message - this is straight from the VP of Licensing:

“Thank you for letting us know.  To avoid disruption to our customers and partners, we have extended all licenses through the end of January.  You should not see any down time, and all of our systems should be working correctly for you to submit your license renewal as of your original expiration date (i.e. don’t use January as your expiration date, but “your” expiration date).  Please let me [Symantec] know if you have further issues and thanks for your patience.”

• 12.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Dec 18, 2019 02:36 PM

This extenstion does not help.  I have added 5 new computers and can't put antivirus on them.  I have been waiting for weeks!!!!!!!!

Symantec will be done if not fixed soon.  we have other options

• 13.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Dec 18, 2019 10:33 PM

That fix does not seem to work for all licenses - e.g. my logs still show this:

2019-12-19T03:28:10Z (ERROR:8551.2690209536): [12036] Error from web server 471 - License Invalid : unable to GET: https://aztec.brightmail.com/rules4/spamhunter.vcdiff/4/latest.
    2019-12-19T03:28:10Z (NOTICE:8551.2690209536): [12452] Rule retrieval aborted: permit_rules.

Who do we contact to get this fixed? (what is their email or phone or other way to reach them?)

• 14.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Dec 23, 2019 11:28 AM

We are also running with expired licenses.
    We got the promise, everthing will work until end of january.
    But the SMG dashboard says "Spam filtering not enabled", "Virus filtering not enabled", "Virus Definitions Disabled".
    However spam and virus filtering is working.
    Nobody dares to create a mallog-backup or something else which will cause a service restart.
    They (Symantec/Broadcom) leave us in the rain. ...

• 15.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Dec 31, 2019 12:10 PM

Customer Service gave me an extension through the end of January 2020. Call https://support.broadcom.com (from https://support.symantec.com/us/en/contact-us.html#contact-support) and provide your serial number to get an SLF file to tide you over.

• 16.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Dec 31, 2019 09:47 PM
    See. Symantec does care

• 17.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 07, 2020 05:51 AM

We have had the same issue with licenses expiring on 2 of our SMGs on the 01/01/2020 and unable to renew via reseller, and even though assured it would all tick over till end of Jan 2020 without intevention the scanners/license did expire. Symantec then provided an updated slf file till end of Jan 2020 via our reseller but even though the license was accepted via the SMG GUI, it did not register correctly and extra steps had to be taken to enable it properly via the CLI, a bug apparently. This is what I had to do to remove the older expired licenses so the new temp license would register correctly (instructions provided by Symantec) - hope this helps anyone out there, as I had a nightmare to get to this point with a lot of stress thoughtout December and the Xmas period when it was not necessary at all with better forward-planning on the Broadcom/Symantec side;

Steps to manually remove the old license(s) thereby forcing the licensing to give a fresh start. Optionally included are steps to prevent mail from being processed while the product is in an unlicensed state (with no scanning):

1. Stop the mta service on your SMG. This can be done two ways (CLI recommended here as the next step requires CLI access anyways):
      1. Via CLI as Admin: "service mta stop"
      2. Control Center GUI: Administration > Hosts > Configuration > [select the host] > [check the MTA service] and click "Stop"
    2. Run the following command via the CLI as Admin (the CLI is commonly accessed via the console interface for your VM or by using SSH via a tool such as Putty):
      • license-control --remove --force
    3. Refresh the license page in the Control Center and install the current/new license. (recommended to use the Control Center as the CLI process would require an SCP/FTP/HTTP server)
    4. Restart the MTA service (Control Center recommended here as it was used in the last step).
      1. Control Center GUI: Administration > Hosts > Configuration > [select the host] > [check the MTA service] and click "Start"
      2. Via CLI as Admin: "service mta start"

Please do let us know if these steps are successful in resolving your licensing problem.

• 18.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 07, 2020 06:20 AM

Great post

• 19.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 09, 2020 09:00 AM

Here under MySymantec, My licenses are extended to JAN 31, however that info is not replicated to my actual Symantec installs. They say my license expires JAN 14.

Any update on this situation-we are unable to purchase licenses through our partners.....my Case  submitted under My Symantec has been ignored.

• 20.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 09, 2020 10:26 AM

After pulling my hair over the new SLF not working, my partner got back to me and relayed the excuse from Symantec: not all license types are eliglbe for this extension they said.

This is getting beyond crazy - they keep closing all my UNRESOLVE support cases, without giving me any working solution, and without selling me a renewal !!!

SYMANTEC - PLEASE STOP YOUR SUPPORT STAFF CLOSING UNRESOLVED TICKETS !!!!!!!!!

• 21.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 09, 2020 05:46 PM
    Not good

• 22.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 19, 2020 07:14 AM

After getting an extension till the end of January I am now 11 days from expiring again, my reseller still says purchases are not available. Been a 20+ year customer.  The lack of communication and information is absolutely inexcusable.  Cannot believe that this is how they are treating us. They need to get it together soon.

• 23.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 20, 2020 06:17 AM
    Dont worry they will

• 24.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 20, 2020 06:20 AM
    Hope it works out soon

• 25.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 20, 2020 06:28 AM

Same here, tick tock, running the clock back down till end of Jan 2020 to the same stressful situation that should have easily been avoided with some careful planning. Not very professional.

• 26.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 20, 2020 07:54 AM

Don't hold your breath!

I've been totally down for more than 2 months now.  Their free-trial certs do not work on all product versions.

I switched tactics from trying to buy a renewal, to trying to buy as a totally new customer - a week ago - and still NOTHING.

If I had to guess - it looks like Broadcom are deliberately trying to destroy symantec procuduts - maybe they have their own products, and it's more money for them to sell their stuff than the symantec stuff?

• 27.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 20, 2020 08:24 AM

not to muddy the waters any more but it looks like Broadcom jettisoned a portion of the Symantec business by flipping it to Accenture..... not sure how this transaction affects the desktop products.... but who knows.... the last 3 months with these clowns has been a complete f&*(ing fiasco...... 

https://www.crn.com/news/security/accenture-to-buy-symantec-cyber-security-services-unit-from-broadcom

• 28.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 21, 2020 06:09 AM
    Wow. I didnt realize they would sub sell other parts. Omg

• 29.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 23, 2020 06:15 PM

Update - After getting an extension to January 30th when my license expired on January 8th, I called Symantec again this week as we are now 7 days from expiration.  I was told that they were no longer extending the deadlines and when I asked about renewals he said to contact my partner!  Of course I had contacted my partner that morning and they were still unable to process renewals.  When I told the Symantec rep that, he said that they fixed the problem weeks ago and that "some" partners were functioning.  I asked him which ones and he couldn't tell me. I gave me a partner search link....big help

I did call some other local partners and of course same story, no renewals.  I  did have one company with a contact at Symantec and when they looked me up by serial number they said I didn't exist in the database. 

So with that in mind bye-bye Symantec.  I've been in this business 30 years and a customer of theirs for most of it.  

Very sad that this is how they are treating us.  I have left messages at every Symantec contact I could find...nothing.

• 30.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 24, 2020 04:00 AM

This is a complete joke, been trying to convert from expired trial licenses to new licenses for 2 months now and still no hint of a resolution. One of the main reasons I went Symantec in the first place was due to the decent online portal for licensing and management.

With the Accenture deal due to close in March, it makes you wonder whether they will process any orders before then.

Is this a chapter for the book "How not to do a merger" or "How to kill a successful business line"

Starting to re-evaluate other options again.

• 31.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 24, 2020 08:30 AM

FYI, They are issuing licenses again, I recieved mine last Friday(JAN 17)  I don't know for sure but our reseller might of been PCMALL. (Symantec Endpoint Protection).

• 32.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 27, 2020 06:11 AM
    Woohoo. Great news

• 33.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 27, 2020 11:33 AM

After running with expired licenses for 8 weeks, we now got a new valid licensefile.

• 34.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Jan 29, 2020 06:28 AM
    Nice.

• 35.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Mar 06, 2020 07:26 PM
    I have the file, but how do I renew SEP licenses in Broadcom?  I have the company/entitlement listed under my portal finally but do not see any option to upload the renewal license file.   I have 4 days until client's expiration.  This is ridiculous.

• 36.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Mar 10, 2020 06:04 AM
    Just make a support call

• 37.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Mar 10, 2020 08:02 AM
    Yeah too late.  You lost a client.  

John Bales
    Bales Technology | Owner
    Call or Text - 260-302-1300
    https://www.balestechnology.com

• 38.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Mar 12, 2020 09:05 PM
    Im on the same boat. This is crazy that it would be this difficult.

• 39.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Mar 12, 2020 10:17 PM
    Y. I made a ticket and i can renew licenses. Why cant you?  Just pick up the phone baby!

• 40.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Mar 12, 2020 10:21 PM
    I both made a ticket and called in. crickets so far.

• 41.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Mar 16, 2020 06:18 AM

Not good. I had no issues. Keep trying pls. It is in your best interest to keep trying. Dont expect things to fall from the sky. 

lates

• 42.  RE: How do we renew licenses?

Posted Mar 25, 2020 09:56 AM
    I cant find this either? 

I dont see anywhere to "download or receive licenses or slf files????????????????????

Has anyone had any luck with contact on this or an answer????

------------------------------
    Med Associates
    ------------------------------