Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Endpoint Security Virtual appliance

Posted Jan 11, 2014 07:02 PM

I need to deploy and test the Security Virtual Appliance for SEP and the Trial key wont let me download it from the web URL indicated in the install file. Where can I obtain the OVA for the SEP virtual appliance? 

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Security Virtual appliance

Posted Jan 11, 2014 07:11 PM

The SVA install typically comes in the download ISO, under the /Tools/Virtualization folder

I've not downloaded the trialware before, I assume you just did? Or do you have the full suite?

If it's not in there, my suggestion would be to contact support to grab a copy:

United States: https://support.broadcom.com (407-357-7600 from outside the United States)
    Australia: 1300 365510 (+61 2 8220 7111 from outside Australia)
    United Kingdom: +44 (0) 870 606 6000
    Additional contact numbers: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp

• 3.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Security Virtual appliance

Posted Jan 11, 2014 09:18 PM

From the documentation the SEP VA is almost a 300 gig OVA file.  This is NOT in that folder.  Am I missing something?  I need to deploy this on vmware hosts. 

The only files in that folder are Symantec_SVA_Install and SVA_InstallSettings.

Try and download this yourself...no OVA.  HELP!

• 4.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Security Virtual appliance

Posted Jan 11, 2014 09:31 PM

Ahhh, yes, correct, 342.7MB to be exact. I was thinking of something else.

Do you have a serial number that you can use on https://fileconnect.symantec.com  to download it?

This is actually a separate download from what I see there.

• 5.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Security Virtual appliance

Posted Jan 11, 2014 09:46 PM

I Dont.  Thats the problem.  I simply want to try the software so I can see if we want to buy it.  There is an SLF file in the download, but it doesnt work here.  How is a company supposed to see if a software works for them if they cant try it?

• 6.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Security Virtual appliance

Posted Jan 11, 2014 09:47 PM

Symantec should look at the company my IP is registering from, see that its a HUGE company, and get me this OVA so I can get this thing installed during our change control window.  Even for dev.

• 7.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Security Virtual appliance

Posted Jan 11, 2014 09:58 PM

The SEP/SEPM are both licensed so Symantec has the ability to set a limit like a 60 day free trial. I don't believe the OVA is licensed at all so once you have it, you have can essentially use it forever. If you're not yet a customer this would be a problem for them.

With that said, it may just be as simple as calling support to find out what can be done. For instances like this, they may just give you a temp serial number so you can download it. They do this for other products so I don't see why this would be any different.

It's a 342MB file so it's too big to upload here.

• 8.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Security Virtual appliance

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2014 10:57 PM

isn't there on fileconnect?

• 9.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Security Virtual appliance

Posted Mar 14, 2014 10:03 PM

Hi, Flex:

You need to download this file: "Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4 Part2 Tools" in trial download center. hope it can help you.