Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)

• 1.  Add SEPM database connection error after upgrade SEP to 14.3. RU3

Posted 09-27-2021 06:01 AM
    Hello everyone.

I'm using EDR 4.6.5-32 and SEP 14.3. RU3.
    Few days ago I upgraded SEP from 14.2.2 version.
    After SEP upgrade I get the connection error when I try to add SEPM database on EDR.
    Before upgrade SEPM used embedded database and everything worked fine with Synapse Log Collector,
    while now SEP use SQL database and I try to create MS SQL connection from EDR but unsuccessful.
    I created read-only MSSQL server account for this purpose (from document below)
    and try to use unencrypted connection to SEPM DB ( disabled force encryption on sql instance) but I get connection error.
    Can someone help me with this problem..?

Thanks

Adding a SEPM MS SQL Server database

• 2.  RE: Add SEPM database connection error after upgrade SEP to 14.3. RU3

Posted 09-28-2021 04:48 AM
    You can try the TCP_CHECK command from the EDR server to test whether the TCP port 1433 is available.

• 3.  RE: Add SEPM database connection error after upgrade SEP to 14.3. RU3

Posted 09-29-2021 05:47 AM
    Thanks Daniel

1433 port is not available from EDR server,
    but I saw in SQL config manager on SEP that there is an alias for SEP instance that uses another port 2638.
    I added SEPM database successfully with port 2638.

• 4.  RE: Add SEPM database connection error after upgrade SEP to 14.3. RU3

Posted 20 days ago
    I am also getting the same error even i check my SEPM its using default port 2638 with SQLExpress i am able to connect SQL Express from SQL Management Studio remotely on port 2638 however not able to add in EDR console

• 5.  RE: Add SEPM database connection error after upgrade SEP to 14.3. RU3

Posted 20 days ago
    Hi Sakib, you have to create SEPM MS SQL Server database account as stated on the link below.
    After that you will be able to add SEPM DB to EDR console.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/endpoint-security-and-management/endpoint-detection-and-response/4-6/Settings/creating-an-ms-sql-server-database-account-v131848814-d38e39756.html#v131848814