Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  Transitioning to SES

Posted Mar 10, 2020 05:14 PM
    I've just read the news that customers with expiring licenses will have them extended until the 15th May to help with transition. I wonder if anyone from Broadcom would like to advise what we are supposed to do for customers during the transition period for customers who require new licenses.

I have been trying to purchase new licences for customers through distribution for the past two months and keep getting told that the Broadcom systems are not ready. I can see now that this was just a stalling tactic as the product was going to be dropped.

I and and many other Partners are trusted by our Customers to keep them protected and not leave them in limbo like Broadcom seem happy to do.

• 2.  RE: Transitioning to SES

Posted Mar 18, 2020 12:49 PM
    I'm an end user running Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Medium Business and I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do to migrate to SES.I might be forced to try a different solution before my licenses expire.

• 3.  RE: Transitioning to SES

Posted Mar 18, 2020 03:46 PM
    Everybody in the SEPSBxx world is waiting for this migration path, but even Broadcom still doesn't know how to do: that's why they postpone the expiration date in the future:

https://now.ingrammicrocloud.com/symantec-transition

"...Details regarding the free upgrade to SES prior to November 2, 2020 are still under development...."

• 4.  RE: Transitioning to SES

Posted May 19, 2020 06:15 AM
    Looks like this month (May 2020) we probably will have some instructions about transition...

• 5.  RE: Transitioning to SES

Posted Jul 05, 2020 06:00 PM
    The few instructions I've seen have not been helpful. Maybe I'm not finding the correct instructions but I've been reading pdf's and web pages and not coming up with anything really clear.

We have total cloud SEP. I'm trying to figure out if our clients will automatically update to the SES version and point to our SES account. I've installed some SES clients manually as a test but need to know if I have to manually change them all. I did one install remotely from the SES manager but the install did not remove the SEP client. The manual install didn't remove the previous SEP clients either. Even though I told the install to do it.

So that's another consideration. Do we have to manually uninstall all of the previous clients. The really cool thing about SEP was that it would clear out whatever antivirus had been previously installed.

The web manager is confusing too. I created a test policy then couldn't delete it because I had to hunt down some other controls and settings and remove the attached policies. You'd think we could open a policy, remove connections to other policies, then remove it.

My head hurts

• 6.  RE: Transitioning to SES

Posted Jul 06, 2020 05:04 PM
    I recently transitioned from SEP SBE to SES (which they now call SEP!!??).   I thought that the install of SES would uninstall SEP SBE.  Nope.  Now I can't uninstall SEP SBE.    Seems I may have to uninstall everything on each computer then clean install SES.
    Instructions from Broadcom are almost worthless.  Pretty much had to figure out how to do things on my own - lots of trial and error.

------------------------------
    Landry| Watkins| Repaske & Breaux
    ------------------------------

• 7.  RE: Transitioning to SES

Posted Jul 07, 2020 11:50 AM
    i don't understand why it has to be a struggle. The SEP interface was smooth. The one thing I like so far is being able to install remotely on devices. I'm going to test Lansweeper to uninstall SEP on a couple of systems

• 8.  RE: Transitioning to SES

Posted Jun 03, 2020 05:42 PM
    Edited by Ryan Matthews Jul 07, 2020 01:53 PM
    I'm having issues as well.

I purchased new licenses just before the buyout for SBE but when I seen my broadcom account its showing I don't have the cloud licenses.
    I don't have an on-prem setup so right now I'm looking at this thinking seriously broadcom expects me to completely transfer all of my users over to a on-prem setup when I went with the cloud to get away from it.

I noticed the SBE licenses for download are blank for me, but the SEP isn't. Checked the invoice and I was billed for Cloud licenses SBE. I'm so confused with this whole migration, pretty sloppy from the end user perspective.

Update: Just wanted to give an update. I finally have everything sorted out, this is a tricky one. My particular issue was my old Symantec account had two administrators (one was demoted but couldn't be removed from the account). The other (my personal account) was migrated over to the new broadcom system through the migration process (No issues). Once the licenses were applied, they were assigned to the retired account and not to my migrated account. So I had to go through a very long process to bring over the retired account and promote my personal account as the full "site" admin. Long story short, my issue was resulted from a primary account holder on Symantec's system that wasn't my primary admin account.

After having my issue escalated from tech support to which ever department handles licensing we've managed to fixed the issue.

Now I'm left with having two separate accounts that I either have to manage or figure out how to retire one. Very confusing process to get to this point but I think now that its over, it should be very painless and straight forward.