Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM self-signed certificate has to be replaced with SHA2 self-signed

Posted Aug 05, 2020 02:18 PM
      |   view attached
    Hello,

I noticed that the self-signed certificate of our SEPM is still SHA1 (because it was upgraded long time ago from SEPM 12.x to 14) and will expire soon. 
    In order not to lose connectivity between the clients and SEPM I have to replace it with SHA2 self-signed certificate.
    However I am a bit confused which option to use for doing this. Should it be done from:

1) SEPM Admin tab -> Servers -> Manage Server Certificate -> Generate New Certificate (self-signed) as shown on the screenshot

OR

2) As shown in the article below, under Generating a new default self-signed certificate

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?legacyId=TECH216584 

Will option 1 generate SHA2 certificate or it will do nothing as it is during upgrade of the SEPM?

• 2.  RE: SEPM self-signed certificate has to be replaced with SHA2 self-signed

Posted Aug 10, 2020 08:16 AM
    Can someone from Symantec (or anyone who knows for sure and tested this) update on this?

• 3.  RE: SEPM self-signed certificate has to be replaced with SHA2 self-signed

Posted Aug 24, 2020 08:59 AM
    @ Symantec - can you please provide some update on this or if you can share a link with some SEP 12 install source then I can test it by myself?​​