Messaging Gateway

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Verdict: User Reject, Action: Delete Message

• 1.  Verdict: User Reject, Action: Delete Message

Posted Oct 27, 2021 04:26 PM
    I am investigating an email that wasn't delivered. The message audit log shows Verdict: User Reject, Action: Delete Message.

The user account has no entries in "Bad Senders" and there are no policies that are part of any enabled policy groups (just the default in this case) with this action. What else should I be investigating here?

• 2.  RE: Verdict: User Reject, Action: Delete Message

Posted Oct 27, 2021 09:57 PM
    Picture please

• 3.  RE: Verdict: User Reject, Action: Delete Message

Posted Oct 28, 2021 12:12 PM
    Message Audit Logs

• 4.  RE: Verdict: User Reject, Action: Delete Message

Posted Oct 28, 2021 12:33 PM

Pic too small

• 5.  RE: Verdict: User Reject, Action: Delete Message

Posted Oct 28, 2021 12:53 PM
      |   view attached

• 6.  RE: Verdict: User Reject, Action: Delete Message

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2021 11:57 AM

Hi, 

In your screen capture, please click on the To email address for email that has Verdict: User Reject, now expand all the tabs visible and share a complete screen capture in readable font size, please. This would give us a little more detail about the concerned email.

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Isha
    ------------------------------

• 7.  RE: Verdict: User Reject, Action: Delete Message

Posted Oct 31, 2021 10:19 PM
    Edited by Ben Erickson Oct 31, 2021 10:20 PM
      |   view attached
    Here it is, thanks. If it's not showing big enough inline, the attached file should be more than sufficient.

• 8.  RE: Verdict: User Reject, Action: Delete Message

Posted Oct 31, 2021 10:20 PM
    Once that info is provided, my expertise will help you solve your issue. The faster you do that, the better off you will be.

• 9.  RE: Verdict: User Reject, Action: Delete Message

Posted Oct 31, 2021 10:53 PM

Theres no pic included L

• 10.  RE: Verdict: User Reject, Action: Delete Message

Posted Nov 01, 2021 11:01 AM
    Not sure why you can't see it. Can you see this link, "view attached"?

view attached

• 11.  RE: Verdict: User Reject, Action: Delete Message

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2021 11:54 AM

First thing to check is the reputation of the ip address that shows up in the "logical IP" field in the MAL record.
    When receiving emails, SMG will walk backward through the received headers, skipping over any "internal" IP addresses.  If it finds a "bad" IP address, your IP reputation policy will fire.

"internal" IP addresses, from a processing perspective, are any IPs that are configured in your "internal range" settings.

IF the SMG is "at the edge", then "connecting IP" = "logical IP" -> used for reputation/filtering.
    IF the SMG is NOT on the edge, then, "connecting IP" != "logical IP" and the logical IP -> used for reputation/filtering.

Net:  "Looks" like the "logical IP" for this message is on either a global or local reputation list. 
    IF you don't find what you are looking for, open a support case and make sure you provide an un-obscured copy of your MAL (that tracker can be decoded by support) and your bmiconfig.xml.

• 12.  RE: Verdict: User Reject, Action: Delete Message

Posted Nov 04, 2021 12:37 PM
    Thanks, I checked in "IP Reputation Lookup" and it was clean both locally and globally. I'm following your suggestion on the support case.

• 13.  RE: Verdict: User Reject, Action: Delete Message

Posted Nov 04, 2021 12:42 PM

I agree.