Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Howto migrate to Endpont Encryption from Desktop - Drive Encryption

Posted Apr 08, 2016 06:59 PM

Hello

We have installed many Desktop with Desktop Encryption (Drive Encryption) and SEMS, we would like to migrate to Endpoint Encryption.

Anyone know if it can be done without des/encrypt already encrypted disks?

SEMS 3.3.2 MP10

Desktop Encryption 10.3.2 MP10

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: Howto migrate to Endpont Encryption from Desktop - Drive Encryption

Posted Apr 12, 2016 01:14 PM

Per the Symantec Endpoint Encryption upgrade guide, you can directly upgrade encrypted clients using Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.2 mp4 or later to Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11.1.0.  The upgrade guide and other docs can be found here:
    https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.INFO3452.html

I was in a pilot program here at Symantec for testing the migration from Symantec Encryption Desktop to Symantec Endpoint Encryption, and I have had no issues on my system.  Symantec Encryption Desktop will also remain installed, so you can continue using its other features if you have more than drive encryption enabled.  The only downside I can see is that it fully disables the Symantec Encryption Desktop drive encryption driver, so you will need to include SEE Removable Media Encryption if you want to encrypt external drives' data.

• 3.  RE: Howto migrate to Endpont Encryption from Desktop - Drive Encryption

Posted Apr 12, 2016 01:51 PM

So, are we to assume that Encryption Desktop is being replaced by Endpoint Encryption?