Workflow Soluiton

View Only
  • 1.  SMP 8.5 RU4 Install Pre-Config Fail

Posted Aug 11, 2020 06:05 PM
    We've been using Workflow at our organization for several years. I'm currently trying to spin up another couple of servers with the latest version. The first problem I'm having is this: I used the Symantec Installation Manager on our production server (which is running Workflow just fine) to create an installation package that I can then use on my new servers. This seems to work fine, but then when I use that install package on my other servers, the installer seems to ignore the files that it compiled with and just goes and gets everything from solutionsam.com. It seems like it doesn't even care that I created a specific install package already.

My second and main problem is this. I've tried installing the Symantec Management Platform 8.5 RU4 probably 10 times now with different settings selected throughout the install, and it always fails at 54%, on the 'Pre-Configuring' step, and it always fails on the 6th out of 67 tasks. The error it gives me is 'The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized'. The problem is I don't even know what HTTP resource it's trying to access at this point.. Also, if it were just using the files compiled in the installation package, I imagine it shouldn't even have to use HTTP to collect any other files.

I've also attached the install log, but it's not super helpful. It does say "Error setting permissions for user 'ASPNET' to 'D:\Workflow\Shared'"  but I gave complete access to all users on the D: drive, so I don't know why that would be a problem.

Any help or advice on getting this to work would be greatly appreciated!

Attachment(s)

log
    install.log   22 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: SMP 8.5 RU4 Install Pre-Config Fail

Posted Sep 14, 2020 02:09 PM
    Ditto this. Anyone have any helpful info?

• 3.  RE: SMP 8.5 RU4 Install Pre-Config Fail

Posted Sep 14, 2020 02:11 PM
    Same issues here, any help on getting this installed on a new server would be greatly appreciated.

• 4.  RE: SMP 8.5 RU4 Install Pre-Config Fail

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2020 02:08 AM
    Hello!

1. Logs are in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SMP\
    2. Please check what features are installed on your server. Example of my server
    Authentication settings for "Default Web Site" where ITMS is installed/configured

3. Application pools settings with with installed/configured ITMS

4. Server is properly joined to AD and trust is established. If it is OK then you will see correct Domain Groups on your Server (without just SID's)

5. No problems with Date/Time between server and AD?

Best regards,
    IP.

------------------------------
    Software QA Engineer
    Broadcom Inc.
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: SMP 8.5 RU4 Install Pre-Config Fail

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 06, 2020 11:18 AM
    The issue is that you are attempting to install a SMP, along with Workflow. If you whole intention is to simply install Workflow on another server you simply need to grab the installer that resides on the SMP for Workflow. It can be found at %Program Files%\Altiris\Workflow\Web\Agent.

With this file you can setup a new WF server without the overhead of the SMP server. If you are using the Enterprise Management piece of Workflow on the SMP this new server can be added to that managed environment.