ProxySG & Advanced Secure Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  ProxySG Failover Issue

Posted Oct 29, 2020 04:18 PM
    Edited by Sulman Mushtaq Mushtaq Hussain Apr 22, 2021 12:51 PM
    Hi Everyone. We have 2 proxysg appliance deployed in explicit mode. They are configured as Master and Slave. Previously they were running 6.7 and we wanted to upgrade. So before doing the upgrade, we decided to reboot them first. We restarted the Slave ProxySG appliance first. Once it got restarted we made this slave as as a new Master so that we could restart the original master to avoid any downtime. We restarted the orignal master and it went well.

Now we upgraded the Slave to 7.2. Master is still on 6.7. Now before we upgrade the Master, we plan to make it slave again so that we avoid any downtime.

My question is now if I make this slave as master by just checking the checkbox in failover configuration which will make it master, and unchecking the checkbox from the orignal master, failover configuration would this change be advertised between both ProxySG appliance or there would any issue as now both ProxySG appliance are running different OS version ?

Appreciate your feedback.

------------------------------
    Symantec Enthusiast
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: ProxySG Failover Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2020 06:24 PM
    HI SymSpec,

This would be fine. These are multicast requests that for the most part don't care what version your on. We don't recommend staying on different versions in the long haul, because you want the users to have a continuation of the same experience and policies if failover does kick in, but being on the same version is not required for failover to work.

Hope this helps!

• 3.  RE: ProxySG Failover Issue

Posted Feb 13, 2023 10:44 AM

Hello Jacob

Well, 

what is the recommended way to perform PROXY sg failover ? 

is there any CLI command that we can do failover ?? or do we need to switch off /on  primary to check the failover ?
    how we can confirm *if the failover is success??

• 4.  RE: ProxySG Failover Issue

Posted Feb 25, 2023 03:28 AM

Hello,

Personally I directly go to the failover configuration via the GUI. Click on master checkbox for the one I would like set as master. I have more than one cluster VIP personnally so I have to modify them all. Finally about how to confirm just check in the statistics. Sorry for not giving the details but I do not have the proxySG in front of me right now :)

Of course you have also the same thing via the CLI :

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/web-and-network-security/proxysg/7-3/ProxySG_Command_Line_Interface_Reference_9/_configure/config_failover.html

Hope it help