Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

can not find the script file "C:\Windows\UjBright_Antivirus.vbs"

• 1.  can not find the script file "C:\Windows\UjBright_Antivirus.vbs"

Posted Jun 16, 2009 03:22 AM
    Dear All,

Very good morning,

I am using SAV 10.1.8.8000. and every time i Restart my system i Get this popup {can not find the script file "C:\Windows\UjBright_Antivirus.vbs"}
    imagebrowser image

If i Remove it from the MSConfig Startup it doesn't come, but i wanted exactly what is it.

Can anyone help

Thanking you,

Warm Regards,
    Sumit Bose

• 2.  RE: can not find the script file "C:\Windows\UjBright_Antivirus.vbs"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2009 03:51 AM
    it is windows script file. may be malicious. Check the script if it calls for the malicious things.

im sure its not related to symantec

cheers
    Pete

• 3.  RE: can not find the script file "C:\Windows\UjBright_Antivirus.vbs"

Posted Jun 16, 2009 04:27 AM
    Either that or your AV admin might have used some scripts for deploying the clients, It's definately not a part of Symantec.

• 4.  RE: can not find the script file "C:\Windows\UjBright_Antivirus.vbs"

Posted Jun 16, 2009 02:51 PM
    Here's one way to remove that anoying pop-up.

Click Start | Run > Type in MSCONFIG an click on OK.

imagebrowser image

Click on the STARTUP Tab, and then uncheck the option where it shows that the script may be executed from, and click on APPLY and REBOOT the system to resolve the issue.

• 5.  RE: can not find the script file "C:\Windows\UjBright_Antivirus.vbs"

Posted Jun 16, 2009 03:51 PM
    Going by the name it sounds like rogue anti-virus that was partially removed but google is telling me very little. 

• 6.  RE: can not find the script file "C:\Windows\UjBright_Antivirus.vbs"

Posted Jun 16, 2009 04:22 PM
     Is it just on one computer or on all th computers ?
    Just if you have any login script configured that hasn't been removed.

• 7.  RE: can not find the script file "C:\Windows\UjBright_Antivirus.vbs"

Posted Jun 16, 2009 06:54 PM
    Looks like some command file trying to launch that vbs script, which no longer exist. Try to logon with different account to see the message still pop up, if it does, then check all user startup and run key in the HKLM registry to see whether any command file trying to call that vbs, delete it, you should be fine. if you logon with different account, you do not see the message, you should check the previous user profile startup configuration and  run key in HKCU. if find that comanline file, delete it.

• 8.  RE: can not find the script file "C:\Windows\UjBright_Antivirus.vbs"
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 22, 2009 02:06 PM
    This ujbright_antivirus.vbs is a variant of virus like the sowar.vbs, the script was edited by oxymoron from COTABATO CITY practicing to became a "kiddie-computer-wizard" . this asshole can be remove manually... Power on ur computer to safemode, using windows explorer, goto c:\windows then rename wscript.exe to wscriptures.exe , run regedit, delete the entry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\autome". exit... restart ur computer... if you are using usb flash drive, maybe it is contaminated by ujBright, use TURBONAV to view files in your usb flashdrive then delete these files: ujbright_antivirus.vbs, autorun.inf, readme.txt...(coz these file's attribute is hidden, read-only, and as system files.) do not use windows explorer, you can't see these files.

Before deleting the registry key please take backup.

• 9.  RE: can not find the script file "C:\Windows\UjBright_Antivirus.vbs"

Posted Jun 30, 2009 01:33 PM
    if this solution is worked please mark as solution or if you have any query please let us know.

• 10.  RE: can not find the script file "C:\Windows\UjBright_Antivirus.vbs"

Posted Jul 02, 2009 06:20 AM
    Thank you for the solution its working now...........

• 11.  RE: can not find the script file "C:\Windows\UjBright_Antivirus.vbs"

Posted Aug 08, 2009 09:10 AM
    hiee....
    Wat i wanna knw is " will dis virus hav any othr effect on the sys?"
    pls reply......