ProxySG & Advanced Secure Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a clear example to the "Late" next to a rule in a trace file?

Posted Jan 15, 2021 12:16 AM
    Hi;

Is there a clear example to the "Late" next to a rule in a trace file? I mean as opposed to a "Match" or a "Miss".

Also is late effectively a miss?   

Kindly
    Wasfi

• 2.  RE: Is there a clear example to the "Late" next to a rule in a trace file?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2021 12:45 PM
    Hi Wasfi,

I think you may find this KB helpful

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/169002/in-a-policy-trace-what-does-the-late-tag.html

Thanks,

• 3.  RE: Is there a clear example to the "Late" next to a rule in a trace file?

Posted Feb 12, 2021 06:06 PM
    Hi Wasif,

Let say you are trying to connect to example.com and its allowed for the particular AD Group members and you are also part of the AD Group.

When you will hit example.com in browser it will try to connect to proxy and then proxy will look for the Policies,
    Note:- remember at this stage you are not authenticated to Proxy.

so proxy has following details of you: (Proxy will have more details than this but for explanation I'm considering only two)
    1> Your IP.
    2> Website that you are trying to connect.

Based on the Auth policy Proxy will ask you to Authenticate but at the same time when it will look for the Authorization Layer (Web Access Layer) Policy, there you will see Late condition because proxy can think you can be part of this AD Group (in Policy) as this policy is for example.com and you are also connecting to example.com.

In other words Polices are based on 2 tuples Source and Destination, If any of the tuple will match then it will be considered as "Late" match.

I hope I'm clear.

------------------------------
    KR,
    Raunak
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Is there a clear example to the "Late" next to a rule in a trace file?

Posted Feb 14, 2021 05:22 AM
    Hello Wasif,

The KB at https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/169002/in-a-policy-trace-what-does-the-late-tag.html explains it well.

Regards
    Paul