Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec DLP Upgrade from 15.0 to 15.7 in 3 Tier Environment: Migration Utility Shows Error

Posted Oct 16, 2020 06:30 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,

I have an upgrade from DLP Version 15.0 to 15.7 for a Three- Tier environment.

However, I have upgraded the database from version 11g to version 12c as per the guide.

I have also installed the new Enforce install on the same old Enforce server.

Now when I run the Enforce Migration Utility, the below error showing directly after choosing the source version.

The new version of Oracle clients is installed on the Enforce server.

Attached is the log file.

Can you support to resolve the error?

Attachment(s)

log
    MigrationUtility.log   4.61 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Symantec DLP Upgrade from 15.0 to 15.7 in 3 Tier Environment: Migration Utility Shows Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2020 10:27 AM
    Hi Sager,

This is the error I see in the log.

SEVERE: Failed to read installation parameters
    com.symantec.dlp.migrationcommon.MigrationException: ORACLE_HOME environment variable not set
    at com.symantec.dlp.migrationcommon.implementations.CommonInstallationParametersReader.getOracleParameters(CommonInstallationParametersReader.java:60)
    at com.symantec.dlp.migrationcommon.implementations.Install4JInstallationParametersReader.readInstallationParameters(Install4JInstallationParametersReader.java:109)
    at com.symantec.dlp.enforceservermigrationutility.EnforceInstall4JInstallationParametersReader.readInstallationParameters(EnforceInstall4JInstallationParametersReader.java:34)
    at com.symantec.dlp.migrationcommon.MigrationUtility.runMigrationUtility(MigrationUtility.java:97)
    at com.symantec.dlp.migrationcommon.MigrationUtility.runMigrationUtility(MigrationUtility.java:70)
    at com.symantec.dlp.enforceservermigrationutility.EnforceServerMigrationUtility.runMigration(EnforceServerMigrationUtility.java:17)

Take a look at this thread and see if it resolves the error for you:

Thanks,

Paul

• 3.  RE: Symantec DLP Upgrade from 15.0 to 15.7 in 3 Tier Environment: Migration Utility Shows Error

Posted Oct 16, 2020 10:36 AM
    Thanks Paul for your feedback.

Im on the Enforce server and there is no db_1 inside the oracle, only client_1.

So what is the correct way to fix the environment variable since it's different in 3 tier install?

Waiting your feedback.

• 4.  RE: Symantec DLP Upgrade from 15.0 to 15.7 in 3 Tier Environment: Migration Utility Shows Error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2020 11:43 AM
    This is from my 3 tier lab here. 

ORACLE_HOME=C:\app\client\Administrator\product\12.2.0\client_1

So just use client_1

Paul 

• 5.  RE: Symantec DLP Upgrade from 15.0 to 15.7 in 3 Tier Environment: Migration Utility Shows Error

Posted Oct 17, 2020 09:29 AM
    Worked perfectly.

Thanks Paul.