Email Security.cloud

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Admin and user login sso/saml

• 1.  Admin and user login sso/saml

Posted May 14, 2020 10:45 AM
    I have found no documentation so I am guessing it is not supported but wanted to make sure. 
    Is their any integration with sso (pref saml) for users quarantine logins and/or Admin logins to email security.Cloud? 

As I see it right now it is another place we are asking all our uses to manage another password. If their is any documentation on it then I completely missed it and apologize in advance. 

Thank you 
    Mike

------------------------------
    IT

• 2.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2020 11:54 AM
    Hi Mike, 

At this time we don't have any integration for SSO for user quarantine logins or login for Email.cloud portal. You can enable 2FA or login based on IP restrictions for the ClientNet portal. 

Thanks, 

Vijay

• 3.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Posted May 14, 2020 12:49 PM

Thank you for your response Vijay, 
    Do you know if this is something being working on. Saml 2.0 is a 15 year old standard and it is very surprising an enterprise saas like email security.Cloud does not support it or any other means for sso. 

Thank you again for your time. 

Mike

IT

• 4.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2020 01:57 PM
    Hi Mike, 

We are in the process of implementing SSO for both portals. This is targeted to be rolled out in Q4. 

Thanks, 

Vijay

• 5.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Posted May 14, 2020 02:03 PM
    Vijay, Thank you. 
    I apricate the info and time. I hope you have a wonder rest of you day!

IT

• 6.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Posted Jul 27, 2020 03:59 PM
    Hey Vijay, are you guys still on track for a Q4 role out? Any info on a time line? Dragging my feet a little on my roll out of incoming email due to this. Thank you for your time. 
    Mike

IT

• 7.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2020 08:49 AM
    Hi, 

Yes, we are still on track for  Q42020 rollout. I don't have any exact dates yet. 

Thanks, 

Vijay

• 8.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Posted Oct 19, 2020 01:04 PM
    Is there any word on the date for this update/release yet?

Thank you, 
    Mike

IT

• 9.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2020 10:24 AM
    Dates are subject to change but currently we are planning the SSO features to be launched in the first part of November 2020

• 10.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2020 06:36 PM
    Just to keep you up to date, it's looking like this will now be the end of November for ClientNet, and we are still awaiting a date for Quarantine although it is likely to be similar.

• 11.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Posted Nov 03, 2020 08:11 PM
    Thank you for the update. It is really apricated. Is there any info on what is being added. Saml support?
    Mike

IT

• 12.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2020 10:09 PM
    Essentially all logins to ClientNet are being overhauled so that we are moving to using a standard IDP that will integrate with all Symantec/Broadcom products, allowing SSO between the various portals. The main advantage with that approach is that organizations can set up federation between that IDP and their own using a metadata exchange so that users will (once set up) be able to login to ClientNet and Quarantine with their normal IDP/network credentials. Initially the roles a user has will still need to be controlled via an admin screen, but ultimately the IDP integration will allow control of those too through that federated link.

This won't help straight away, but the documentation for the federation setup will be located at the URL below, it's currently just going through final proofing and translation - https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/email-security/email-and-web-security-cloud/1-0/about-the-portal-v118764339-d2877e3885/Federation-and-Single-Sign-on.html

• 13.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Posted Dec 01, 2020 10:25 AM
    is there any news on this release?
    Thank you
    Mike

IT

• 14.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2020 10:47 AM
    Apologies on not updating the thread. Last weekend's release was moved to the 12th December at the request of some partners due to Black Friday. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks
    Martin

• 15.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Posted Dec 01, 2020 10:55 AM
    Are there any release notes or anything that say what is being released? Does it include Quarantine?
    Thank you 
    Mike

IT

• 16.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2020 01:37 PM
    The release notifications will be coming through the standard News Alerts on the 12th. There will be some help notes at the URL below at some point in the next week or so but they are specific to setting up Federation;

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/email-security/email-and-web-security-cloud/1-0/about-the-portal-v118764339-d2877e3885/Federation-and-Single-Sign-on.html

Quarantine is being released a few days later, possibly 17th Dec.

Thanks
    Martin

• 17.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Posted Dec 18, 2020 04:24 PM

Is this true? Created a case and supplied the info per the documentation linked.  Really, I am not surprised any more. I still can not make cases directly with email security.Cloud team which is extremely frustrating in itself. 

"Thank you for contacting Broadcom Support.
    I have taken ownership of this issue and will be working with you to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
    Please be advised that deploying SSO in Email Security.Cloud has been rolled back. Currently, we don't have the date when this new feature will be deployed."

Sigh,

Mike

IT

• 18.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2020 10:16 AM

It is true that the ClientNet elements of SSO have been rolled back but Quarantine is now live. We experienced a number of issues with the new infrastructure that required a roll back and we are still troubleshooting those. Once we get a new release date I will update you here.

Thanks
    Martin

• 19.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Posted Dec 21, 2020 11:47 AM

Thank you for the update. 

Is their any info on how I enable sso for quarantine. I hate asking but I can not find any documentation on it. And the link above is only for clientnet. 

I see no reference to it in the below, I looked in the email services/email quarantine tab and also in the quarantine settings. Is this only enabled via a ticket like clientnet? I do see the sign in with company account now but can not find any settings for it. 

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/email-security/email-quarantine-portal/1-0/Troubleshooting_4/i-have-not-received-an-email-asking-me-to-register-v98758398-d3041e1212.html

IT

• 20.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2020 12:21 PM

Yes, the first step is to federate your IDP with Okta (which is covered in  "Configuring federation with a partner IdP" in https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/email-security/email-and-web-security-cloud/1-0/about-the-portal-v118764339-d2877e3885/Federation-and-Single-Sign-on.html). Once that is enabled, you can use the "sign in with company account" option in Quarantine

Thanks
    Martin

• 21.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Posted May 16, 2021 07:45 PM
    Hi There,

Is there any news on this?  It is now Q2 of 2021 and the link is returning a 404 error.

Thanks!

• 22.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2021 10:01 PM
    I've very sorry that link is returning a 404 error Don. I will see if I can find the correct link but in the meantime you can open a ticket with support and they should be able to talk you through the process.

Thanks
    Martin

• 23.  RE: Admin and user login sso/saml

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2021 10:03 PM
    Here is the correct link - https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/email-security/email-security-cloud/1-0/about-the-portal-v118764339-d2877e3885/Federation-and-Single-Sign-on.html

Thanks
    Martin