VIP (Validation ID Protection)

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec VIP credential installed on Laptop

Posted Dec 29, 2020 01:43 PM

customer have to apply MFA for roaming users who having internet access on their laptop but not connected to corporate network, how they can login using MFA however not reachable to VIP - Enterprise GW?

• 2.  RE: Symantec VIP credential installed on Laptop

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 29, 2020 03:59 PM

Are you referring to the VIP integration for Microsft Credential Provider? There is an offline access option outlined in the guide for users without internet access. It involves the use of a USB security key.  Have a look at the guide to see all of the options.

------------------------------
    [~Andreas

• 3.  RE: Symantec VIP credential installed on Laptop

Posted Dec 29, 2020 04:12 PM
    Edited by Ahmed.Mamdouh Dec 29, 2020 04:19 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Andreas,

As i can see from authentication flow [Check attached file], is it required to be connected to the Corporate network? or we can use Security key to login to Windows for remote users whom not reachable to VIP- Enterprise Gateway? because, if i have to be connected to NW and reached the EG why we need to purchase the Security Key? 

am waiting your favorable response!

• 4.  RE: Symantec VIP credential installed on Laptop

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 29, 2020 04:41 PM

Hi Ahmed,

That flow is for online authentication. 

Network connectivity is required for the initial registration and activation of the token. Once complete, the end-user can log in to their laptop (or other protected resource) using the VIP token, even if the machine is offline. (please refer to the updated guide linked in my last response).

~Andreas

• 5.  RE: Symantec VIP credential installed on Laptop

Posted Dec 29, 2020 05:02 PM
    Edited by Ahmed.Mamdouh Dec 29, 2020 05:22 PM

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the prompt response, but to get complete understanding as i'm not finding the right information from the guide provided.

did you mean by offline authentication, the machine\ laptop not connected to corporate network (Not reachable to VIP-EG) and the internet not reachable? also, with this scenario with the Security Key we can login to the protected resource?

Thanks in advance, waiting your valuable confirmation on my understanding.

• 6.  RE: Symantec VIP credential installed on Laptop

Posted Dec 30, 2020 05:44 AM

Dear Andreas,

Any update on the below?

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the prompt response, but to get complete understanding as i'm not finding the right information from the guide provided.

did you mean by offline authentication, the machine\ laptop not connected to corporate network (Not reachable to VIP-EG) and the internet not reachable? also, with this scenario with the Security Key we can login to the protected resource?

Thanks in advance, waiting your valuable confirmation on my understanding.

• 7.  RE: Symantec VIP credential installed on Laptop

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 30, 2020 11:09 AM

Hi Ahmed - Yes, that is correct. The offline MCP option allows users to access their laptop when there is no internet/corp network connectivity, such as while traveling. 

~Andreas