Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server)

View Only
  • 1.  How can you access aexagentuihost "Symanec Management Agent (Administrator)" as a regular user?

Posted Jun 03, 2021 07:33 PM
    I have enabled diagnostics.
    "Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXNSAgent.exe" /diags

However, the only way I can see them with the (administrator) view is if I log off the PC and log in as administrator.
    Is there a way to view this without logging on as an admin?  I tried opening a command prompt as the administrator and ran 
    "Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXNSAgent.exe" /diags
    as well as 
    "Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\aexagentuihost .exe" but still get the regular UI.
    aexagentuihost

Once I log the user out an log in as the admin account, the UI will bring up (administrator) along with the diagnostics UI.

• 2.  RE: How can you access aexagentuihost "Symanec Management Agent (Administrator)" as a regular user?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2021 03:12 AM
    No, there is no way to see diagnostics if you not an admin. There are some things get enabled which should not be available for regular user.

• 3.  RE: How can you access aexagentuihost "Symanec Management Agent (Administrator)" as a regular user?

Posted Jun 04, 2021 09:39 AM
    I guess what I'm saying is how can I launch the UI with "other" credentials.
    For example, right click and "run as different user".

• 4.  RE: How can you access aexagentuihost "Symanec Management Agent (Administrator)" as a regular user?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2021 09:47 AM
    Unfortunately there is no way to start UI separately as "other" user.
    aexagentuihost .exe is started automatically by Symantec Management Agent service in quite a special way.

• 5.  RE: How can you access aexagentuihost "Symanec Management Agent (Administrator)" as a regular user?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2021 10:02 AM
    Greg, I think you can request the feature via our support. This is something I think we can easily add.