Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Block wetransfer.com upload in DLP

Posted Sep 23, 2020 03:32 PM
    Is it possible to configure some policy to block document upload to wetransfer in DLP.

• 2.  RE: Block wetransfer.com upload in DLP

Posted Jan 19, 2021 03:57 PM
    I am also looking for it. a rule to prevent uploading to all cloud platform, Ex: WeTransfer, Google drive and Dropbox, except OneDrive,

• 3.  RE: Block wetransfer.com upload in DLP

Posted Jan 20, 2021 01:36 AM
    Create a rule using recipient(s) and list all the URLs you like to block.

• 4.  RE: Block wetransfer.com upload in DLP

Posted Jan 20, 2021 01:48 AM
    I have created a rule and added all urls in recipients, can i test it on few users before applying to all domain?

• 5.  RE: Block wetransfer.com upload in DLP

Posted Jan 22, 2021 09:51 AM
    yes you can apply to specific users using the "Groups" tab and adding a rule for Sender/User Matches Pattern.  Is this an Endpoint policy?  Let me know if it works for you.  I'm having problems getting a Network prevent rule to work for the same goal.

• 6.  RE: Block wetransfer.com upload in DLP

Posted Jan 22, 2021 10:20 AM
    The issue was resolved, Thanks Freak,

• 7.  RE: Block wetransfer.com upload in DLP

Posted Apr 18, 2021 03:42 AM
    Hi DLP Freak,
    Perhaps you know how to block upload to desktop applications like - WhatApp or Telegram desktop?

Thanks in advance!

• 8.  RE: Block wetransfer.com upload in DLP

Posted Apr 19, 2021 11:21 AM
    i don't have first hand experience.  If you're using Endpoint I would try to determine the executable on the desktop (if there is one), add it to the Global Application monitoring List and then add a rule to block.  OR if using Web Prevent determine the destination URL during a transfer and block on that.