ProxySG & Advanced Secure Gateway

Expand all | Collapse all

DOUBT ABOUT POLICY

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  DOUBT ABOUT POLICY

Posted 12-02-2019 09:04 AM

Hey everyone, how are you?

I have a doubt about a Policy...

For example: if I have 2 Web AuthenticationLayers, one at left and other at right.

On Left Layer, I have a Policy to Authenticate all Sources to File Storage category.

But, on Right Layer I have some Policies, as: A policy to Do Not Authenticate Specifc Sources to a specific websites, but this website are categorized as File Storage. And I have another policy to Do Not Authenticate specific Sources to Any destinations.

My doubt is: if these Sources on Right Layer will try to access some website that are categorized as File Storage, they do will Match on which Policy? At the Left Layer or Right Layer?

Tks in advance!

• 2.  RE: DOUBT ABOUT POLICY

Posted 12-02-2019 10:11 AM

Hi,

Policy will check from top to bottom and left to right. Can you share me policy screenshot

• 3.  RE: DOUBT ABOUT POLICY

Posted 12-02-2019 10:32 AM

Hello Aboonaim, 

Tks for your replay. 

Follow two screenshots:

Left Layer, where I'll do this policy, to Authenticate Any Sources only to File Storage category:

Right Layer, where I have these policies, as some Sources to Some Destinations, and Some Sources to Any destinations:

• 4.  RE: DOUBT ABOUT POLICY
    Best Answer

Posted 12-02-2019 12:30 PM

Hi,

The right layer will match seen there is no further layer of authentication.

Take an example i have 3 layers on proxy.

1) Web authentication layer 1

2)Web authentication layer 2

3) Policy Trace.

In above scenario Web authentication 2 rule will match first , if no rule match then proxy will further evaluate in Web authentication layer 1.

• 5.  RE: DOUBT ABOUT POLICY

Posted 12-02-2019 01:48 PM

Hi,

Why the Right layer will match in this case? Because the order that the Proxy "read" policies is Left to Right, right? When will try to access site categorized as File Storege, doens't match on Left Layer (Any to File Storage category)?

Sorry for many questions, i'm newbie hehe :)

Tks in advance!

• 6.  RE: DOUBT ABOUT POLICY

Posted 12-02-2019 03:33 PM
    Hi, But policy Evaluation took as i shown in above Example.