Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

• 1.  Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2020 08:12 AM
    Edited by Heena Tabassum Nov 17, 2020 02:41 AM

Note: The EOL date for SEP SBE & SEPC has been moved from November 16, 2020 to December 7th, 2020.

Symantec Enterprise Division is terminating the Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud (SEP Cloud) and Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition (SEP SBE) services, effective December 7th, 2020. 

After November 16, 2020, customers will not be able to access the cloud console, and the endpoints managed via SEP Cloud and SEP SBE will not be protected. 

We are transitioning SEP Cloud and SEP SBE customers from their current product to Symantec Endpoint Protection Security Enterprise (SES Enterprise).

While straight-forward, the transition process is not automated or forced. You will need to perform the transition yourself. While you take the steps necessary to transition, your SEP Cloud or your SEP SBE deployment will continue to work and protect your devices. You can find instructions on how to transition to SES Enterprise HERE.

SEP Cloud/SEP SBE License Extension

If your license has an expiration date between November 1, 2019 and October 30, 2020, we have extended your license of SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to October 31, 2020, to allow more time for the transition. If your license has an expiration date after October 31, 2020, there is no change.  

New SES Enterprise Entitlement

• If you have an active, pre-paid subscription that you purchased through a distributor, you should have received three emails directing you on how to activate your SES Enterprise entitlement. 
      • The first, originating from e-delivery@broadcom.com, contained a Broadcom-issued entitlement and contract information for a free subscription to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise.  This email was sent both to the distributor and to the customer technical contact email address provided to Symantec at the time of purchase. 
      • A second email provided access to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise in the cloud and originated from cyberdefense@saas.broadcom.com
      • The third email, originating from e-delivery@broadcom.com, included the license key and other information for an on-premises deployment.  If you have an active, pre-paid subscription through a distributor and have not received an entitlement, you should contact support.
    • If you have a monthly subscription that you purchased through the marketplace, you should contact your distribution partner to request assistance with ordering your Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise entitlement.  Refer to the list of distributors below who are ready to receive monthly subscriptions.   

We currently have several partners that are live on the new Marketplace platform. If you do not have a partner, you can Find a Partner who purchases through one of our Marketplace Distributors below. 

• AMS/LATAM - Synnex
      • AMS/EMEA- Tech Data
      • EMEA - Arrow
      • AMS/EMEA/APJ- Ingram Micro
      • EMEA - ALSO
      • EMEA - Microwarehouse
      • EMEA - Inty
      • EMEA - IT101/Destiny
    • If you have an active subscription that you purchased through Symantec's eCommerce site or any alternative ordering route, you should contact one of the following distribution partners to request assistance with ordering your Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise entitlement. 

Once you have received access, please visit the Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise portal, and start migrating your current product's configuration to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise

Please follow Customer Care community for more transition updates.

------------------------------
    Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 2.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Oct 26, 2020 09:13 AM
    Thank you. But, the real issue that is blocking the transition in some of the cases is that the client has the right to transit to Symantec Endpoint Protection Security Enterprise (SES Enterprise) but he (the client) has never received the entitlement, never received the welcome letter for new SESE subscription, and in My Broadcom SESC and SEPM are the only licensed subscription!
    The client opens a ticket to Broadcom but Broadcom tell the client to contact one of the enlisted partner...
    The client contacts a partner, saying that he cannot do anything more and in turn the partner opens a ticket with Broadcom, and waiting here for an answer...

Sorry, this is not acceptable: Broadcom has all data of client in the systems and a simple query in the db's to intersect existing SEPSBE and SEPC licenses with new SESE licenses can give out in minutes all client who still doesn't have a SESE license: why loose precious time in do phone calls/e-mail/days spent to wait?

Hope to not have done a bad choose in keep Symantec as security software... after transition to Broadcom.

Best regards.

• 3.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Oct 26, 2020 02:25 PM
    Same exact situation as Federico.

No entitlement or welcome letter.
    Our distributor is unable to assign us new SES licenses because Broadcom can't provide them to them.
    Literally have 1 week to purchase SES licenses (should Broadcom make that possible), or we will be forced to use an alternative endpoint protection vendor.

• 4.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Oct 28, 2020 01:05 PM
    Hi,
    I just wanted to see if my experience helps at all.  

My entitlement was corrupted because the email address on the profile for SESE was set to the email address of the reseller from whom I had purchased the SEPSBE licenses from.   So from Broadcom's perspective they had issued the entitlement and I suspect that my reseller hadn't noticed as why would he log into any of the cloud portals for the product itself - he doesn't provide the support.
    So I guess that is another avenue to pursue - get Broadcom to confirm the email addresses (because you use these as well to authenticate to the portals so even if they think they've issued a license, if it isn't to an email address you are expecting or your client is expecting, you won't be able to access the actual SESE portal even if that same email address can access the Broadcom portals). 
    I did this by raising a support ticket (which I note you have done but at least this review request is an action they have to give you an answer on rather than a referral).

Hope this helps,
    Gary.

PS:- The software is fine.  SESE is a well featured product (no server firewall though if you are expecting one from SEPSBE) The customer service aspect of the Broadcom acquisition of Symantec has been nothing short of appalling.  They have failed to achieve their own goals within their own timescales at every turn.  Where they have extended things to cover their processing problems (i.e. license end dates) their communication has been poor, leaving out important steps that customers must take to gain the benefit of their license extensions for example).  Their support business hours are insufficient to cope with the consequences of the decisions they are making (they can allow for COVID, for example, in their decision making process).
    PPS :- The reseller model has had its day.  SESE is the last product I will purchase through a reseller.  If I can't purchase the licenses directly then it's just not worth the pain.  The product is good, the price is ok, there is no benefit in the reseller model as sadly resellers who are not going to be installing the software provide no purpose - they forward emails, anyone can do that.
    PPPS :- Due to the shambles that was the Broadcom acquisition and the problems of license renewal I chose to exit one of the Symantec products.  My replacement is a much better product.
    PPPPS :- SESE will remain in use until my license needs renewing.  If my new reseller (I exited the last reseller as well as the product) is as useless as the previous situation then I will exit the product - Broadcom please note - start selling licenses directly to those who are going to be providing the support and you can avoid this situation as I am sure I won't be alone with this experience.

• 5.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Oct 28, 2020 04:32 PM
    Well... I agree with you, Gary!

But my situation is again different: one of my clients still have no SESE migrated license... and casually (?) it's the only one who bought license some year ago directly from Symantec :(

I lost the count on open ticket to Broadcom trying to solve this situation and still not solved.  Trying also to contact suggested partner as per last e-mail from Broadcom, and what could partner do?? ... he also opened a ticket to Broadcom who answered him to convince me to buy a new license...!

So, what??!! I have a SEPSBE valid subscription for another year and more... and for Broadcom's inability to reconcile Broadcom system with licenses issued from Symantec itself I have to throw away money?!! No, this is not acceptable!

in Italy we say: "Broadcom/Symantec got lost in a glass of water!"

If I had known this was over, I would have chosen a new antivirus... and perhaps -  to see well - during these all these months it was to be expected.

Now, I just hope that Endpoint Protection core client software will maintain the promise.

• 6.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Oct 29, 2020 07:13 AM

In the exact same boat @mfred 

We purchased licenses for SEPSBE until 2022 directly from Symantec. We have had no entitlement emails, I've contacted the recommended partner multiple times who have been unable/unwilling to do anything to help.

We have 4 days remaining until we will be cut off and forced to use a different product to continue protecting our business. I'm at a loss as to where to go next.

If anyone has any suggestions of how we can get this working it would be very much appreciated, the clock is ticking!

• 7.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2020 11:32 PM
    HI there!

Below is a list of partners with contacts that can help customers that previously purchased via Symantec's eCommerce site.

You can also look at the following link for more details and updates.
    https://support.broadcom.com/external/content/critical-alerts/Transitioning-from-SEP-Cloud-or-SEP-SBE-to-SESE/1770

Region Distributor Contact
    USA Ingram broadcomSMB@infolock.com, https://www.infolock.com/purchase-broadcom-software/
    USA Synnex broadcom@cbisecure.com
    USA Tech Data Broadcom-GCSP@techdata.com
    EMEA Tech Data Broadcom-GCSP@techdata.com
    EMEA Arrow https://secure-eugo.arrow.com/LP=4234?utm_campaign=CSG_2020_CritUp&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=95698469&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_3iZZINjrT5tfDuP0v8SKslz-2gRpuumetjNxZqEXxt1Ab-mVfWD1_CfF6UmA2Xb3qZ3HKUuReEyDa9PxPdsdVr2ONLQ&utm_content=95698469&utm_source=hs_email
    EMEA Ingram https://www.broadcom.com/how-to-buy/partner-distributor-lookup?country=&distributor=&region=&type=Symantec
    Canada Synnex licensingadvantage@synnex.com
    Canada Tech Data Broadcom-GCSP@techdata.com
    Canada Ingram https://www.broadcom.com/how-to-buy/partner-distributor-lookup?country=&distributor=&region=&type=Symantec
    APAC Ingram https://www.broadcom.com/how-to-buy/partner-distributor-lookup?country=&distributor=&region=&type=Symantec

• 8.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Nov 09, 2020 03:58 PM
    Sorry Dorak,
       but I'm in touch with Arrow for about a month and, after weeks of waiting from them a license transition, they said today that they cannot do the transition of my prepaid SEPSBE license valid until Feb 07, 2022 ( see answer below )!

Please, tell me what I have to do to have my license converted with a SES licence valid until Feb 07, 2022
    I opened tons of ticket to Broadcom and they always say to me to call Arrow, Tech Data or other partners. But what if they even cannot do anything??!

This is the answer from Arrow Italy:

----

Ci scusiamo per questa attesta, ma soprattutto della malainformazione che è stata alla base di questa richiesta.

La migrazione al nuovo ambiente SES doveva essere gestito tutto attraverso il Vendor, non attraverso noi della distribuzione.

Inoltre si parlava di migrazione gratuita, sebbene in un secondo momento hanno confermato ciò che temevamo, ovvero che davano la possibilità di testare il nuovo ambiente fino al 2 Novembre.. Ma non di fare una migrazione vera e propria, e ciò ha portato tantissima confusione a tutti voi che giustamente chiedevate a voi come procedere. Noi essendo distributori, non abbiamo la possibilità di aiutarvi a capire il processo interno, se non apposta convidere i documenti che lo stesso Vendor ci aveva indicato e fornirvi i contatti di alcuni di Broadcom che stavano supportando questo passaggio.

Tutt'ora le persone che se ne stava occupando non sono raggiungibili, ovvero Luigi Quarato non è più operativo e Dave Duckering è in vacanza, l'unico che potrebbe avere informazioni a sto punto è il team di supporto tecnico technical.support@broadcom.com ..

Ci scusiamo, ma anche Luigi nell'ultima mail convidisa anche con voi parlava che era necessario una nostra operazione, ma non è vero, perché confrontandoci con il team ci ha confermato che il nostro intervento è necessario quando il cliente desidera acquistare le nuove licenze. Ecco perché precedentemente vi avevo condiviso tutti i docuemnti per registrarvi come nuovi clienti e procedere con la quotazione.

Ma non vi verrebbe riconosciuto la manutenzione residua che voi giustamente avete fatto presente che avete già pagato...

Il Vendor doveva essere più chiaro e soprattutto supportare di più voi clienti e noi lato distribuzione. Purtroppo lato nostro possiamo solo proporvi la nuova quotazione in questo momento.

A disposizione

Buona giornata

• 9.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Oct 29, 2020 11:33 PM
    I am in the same position. I opened a ticket online, which appears to have been closed without any update, resolution or contact from any support personnel.

• 10.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Nov 09, 2020 04:40 PM

Just don't even get me started! Oops.

I am a partner/reseller with over many SEP SBE licenses spread over 25 end-users or shall I say Site ID's?  I've been selling and supporting SBE since it came out, and Endpoint Protection 11.x prior to that.  We had a good run until early this year when this hellish migration path was introduced and they quit selling licenses for several months.  Sorry, you cannot buy our product.  Tell your end-users to stop hiring people and buying computers. Ok, well, let's hope Windows Defender works after-all. 

Since Broadcom decided to ONLY send the golden ticket, er..."Welcome Email" to the end-user (against their partners' advice ie:Tech Data),  I initially spent weeks on and off searching for these welcome emails in various ways.  These included email requests to said end-user, phone calls, Exchange & O365 message traces, Barracuda, Proofpoint, Veritas, Intermedia spam message logs, archive searches, etc...   I had maybe two end-users forward me the welcome email, oh happy day! Sure I love the thrill of the hunt as much as the next person, but.... my head hurts. 

I got a hold of most of those elusive welcome emails though several were no where to be found, including my own. I can tell you for fact, it was never sent.
    Furthermore, if you don't have it, you don't have that activation URL.  You'd think support can help with that, I mean why not?
    Fact is, Broadcom support cannot and will not help. Just forget it all-together and move to another product. Those who stopped here were smarter than I.

Instead, I ended up digging up all the original Symantec Certificates, some of which actually contained the Site ID.  The older one's (think 3 year subscriptions) did not.  For those poor people who purchased 3 year subscriptions over 2 years ago, there is no Site IT or Support ID and they are out of luck, PERIOD.  Woops, you guys at Broadcom missed that one didn't you? Say bye to those loyal customers, I told them my experience and sold them another product deducting the time remaining on their Symantec licenses out of pocket. Didn't really have a choice since you were not selling licenses at the time.  Figured you had to change your SKU numbers a few more times to get everyone good and confused. 
    I even had a license certificate for SEP SBE for my own company.  I purchased it in February during the transition, the certificate does contain a Site ID.  After opening ticket after ticket and sending them the certificate file, Broadcom informed me that even though they are looking at my certificate, that Site ID doesn't exist.  So I sent them the entire "Welcome to Broadcom" email with the attached certificate & SLF license file.  Nope, they didn't care. Those licenses are lost and not migrated. 
    Now with those Site ID's I can at least get an account setup at support.broadcom.com but not at https://securitycloud.symantec.com/cc/#/landing, still need that welcome email. Dang! 

I then was forced to log in as the end-user to activate each account.  Time to hack into each of my client's Inbox's. Oh yes I tried emailing them first, but they own or manage businesses and have bigger concerns.  If they don't reply, I'm not about to pester them agian about a Symantec to Broadcom transition, which is Greek to them. As a business owner, that would be in bad taste and damage my reputation. I am expected to handle my own products without help. Makes sense to me.
    So why did you send that welcome email to only the end-users again?  You have all the records from Tech Data about me, the reseller, the Symantec partner, right? I'm the one who quoted and placed the orders, my name is all over those certificates. 
    Oh, and of course, I haven't billed for my time.  How can I?  I recommended and sold them this product, MY MISTAKE! 

So, after retrieving the original Symantec certificates to find out the end-user's email address, finding the welcome emails, I then had to access their mailbox again to get the verification code once I activated the account.  Here we go again, using multiple methods to get that code to keep working for free.  Created mailbox delegates, email forwards, changed passwords, etc.   

Time to add myself to the end-user's new Broadcom account, not once, but three times. 
    Once to their support.broadcom.com account and once more to elevate myself to admin status to that same account.
    After this I couldn't understand why, when I login to the securitycloud portal as my master account, I don't see any of my end-users accounts? What gives? I literally just added myself to all of them with Admin access. 

Well, another few tickets and weeks later I am told it's a totally separate site and I need to add myself into their securitycloud account at https://securitycloud.symantec.com/cc/#/landing
    This is information I could have used 6 months earlier as this is the only site I really need access to in the first place so I can actually begin migrating servers and workstations. You know, techy stuff.   This all took many months, often taking up my weekends and free time, always on the back of my mind causing a ton of stress with that Nov. 2nd deadline looming.  

Ok, now I am logged into the securitycloud site as the end-user and added myself as a "Super Admin", fine, great, now I can start deploying?
    Not so fast as I notice that for some of my end-user accounts, I have 2 and 3  listings in the securitycloud page - Acme1, Acme2, and Acme3 with random licenses contained in each. 

No problem! I'll just open a support ticket with Broadcom, right?  They're so great at resolving issues that they, themselves, created. Yah, NO. 
    As usual, they wasted my time with irrelevant responses, each a few days apart, and finally told me that's how it's designed, thank you and have a nice day. 

Ok, so I'll add one computer to this account, 7 to that account, and be sure to document it all.  This ruled out a GPO deployment for those customers. That would have been very time consuming and tedious.

Wait, there's more! Some of the migrated accounts are missing licenses.  Another ticket?  Well, yep, I just submitted one as one of my site id's is missing a 20 user license, and two 1 x user licenses.  They all show up under entitlements under that same site ID at support.broadcom.com but not in securitycloud. 

There is more, much more, like the inability to migrate policies from SBE TO SEP Enterprise.  We're just told to create them from scratch, no problem.  I'll sit here for additional hours on end copying and pasting file and folder exclusions on my own time, endlessly logging in and out of portals, authenticating each time with a text, restarting Chrome as it gets confused each time, etc.. 

So, I was wondering, what's my endgame here?  Why am I subjecting myself to this?  To protect my business and my customers? Am I totally insane and are there others like me?  I was happy to stumble on this thread to see that I am not alone here. 

I'd really like some restitution from Broadcom.  Send me to the Caribbean for a week and handle my business for me.  Just please, let's not use your Broadcom support people ok?    

Though it may be clear sailing once this is all in place, I won't be reselling wither Symantec or Broadcom products going forward, clearly.
    I really needed to vent, thanks to anyone who reads this!  My girlfriend just doesn't get it :-)

• 11.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2020 11:33 PM
    Hi there!

For customers that previously purchased via Symantec's eCommerce site, below is a list of partner contacts that can help you with the migration.
    For more information and updates you can look at: 

https://support.broadcom.com/external/content/critical-alerts/Transitioning-from-SEP-Cloud-or-SEP-SBE-to-SESE/1770

Region Distributor Contact
    USA Ingram broadcomSMB@infolock.com, https://www.infolock.com/purchase-broadcom-software/
    USA Synnex broadcom@cbisecure.com
    USA Tech Data Broadcom-GCSP@techdata.com
    EMEA Tech Data Broadcom-GCSP@techdata.com
    EMEA Arrow https://secure-eugo.arrow.com/LP=4234?utm_campaign=CSG_2020_CritUp&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=95698469&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_3iZZINjrT5tfDuP0v8SKslz-2gRpuumetjNxZqEXxt1Ab-mVfWD1_CfF6UmA2Xb3qZ3HKUuReEyDa9PxPdsdVr2ONLQ&utm_content=95698469&utm_source=hs_email
    EMEA Ingram https://www.broadcom.com/how-to-buy/partner-distributor-lookup?country=&distributor=&region=&type=Symantec
    Canada Synnex licensingadvantage@synnex.com
    Canada Tech Data Broadcom-GCSP@techdata.com
    Canada Ingram https://www.broadcom.com/how-to-buy/partner-distributor-lookup?country=&distributor=&region=&type=Symantec
    APAC Ingram https://www.broadcom.com/how-to-buy/partner-distributor-lookup?country=&distributor=&region=&type=Symantec

• 12.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Nov 09, 2020 07:27 AM

Is the following true or not for customers that previously purchased via Symantec's eCommerce site??!
    Thank you.

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=198499 

Pre-paid subscriptions

• If you have an active, pre-paid subscription, you received a Broadcom-issued, free Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise entitlement via email. The emails were sent to the customer technical contact email address given to Symantec at the time of purchase. To track these emails in your inbox, see below for sample emails. If you have an active pre-paid subscription and have not received your entitlement, please contact support. Your Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise entitlement is free until November 30, 2020 or the expiration date of your current subscription, whichever is later.

• 13.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Nov 09, 2020 03:49 PM
    Sorry Dorak,
       but I'm in touch with Arrow for about a month and, after weeks of waiting from them a license transition, they said today that they cannot do the transition of my prepaid SEPSBE license valid until Feb 07, 2022 ( see answer below )!

Please, tell me what I have to do to have my license converted with a SES licence valid until Feb 07, 2022
    I opened tons of ticket to Broadcom and they always say to me to call Arrow, Tech Data or other partners. But what if they even cannot do anything??!

This is the answer from Arrow Italy:

----

Ci scusiamo per questa attesta, ma soprattutto della malainformazione che è stata alla base di questa richiesta.

La migrazione al nuovo ambiente SES doveva essere gestito tutto attraverso il Vendor, non attraverso noi della distribuzione.

Inoltre si parlava di migrazione gratuita, sebbene in un secondo momento hanno confermato ciò che temevamo, ovvero che davano la possibilità di testare il nuovo ambiente fino al 2 Novembre.. Ma non di fare una migrazione vera e propria, e ciò ha portato tantissima confusione a tutti voi che giustamente chiedevate a voi come procedere. Noi essendo distributori, non abbiamo la possibilità di aiutarvi a capire il processo interno, se non apposta convidere i documenti che lo stesso Vendor ci aveva indicato e fornirvi i contatti di alcuni di Broadcom che stavano supportando questo passaggio.

Tutt'ora le persone che se ne stava occupando non sono raggiungibili, ovvero Luigi Quarato non è più operativo e Dave Duckering è in vacanza, l'unico che potrebbe avere informazioni a sto punto è il team di supporto tecnico technical.support@broadcom.com ..

Ci scusiamo, ma anche Luigi nell'ultima mail convidisa anche con voi parlava che era necessario una nostra operazione, ma non è vero, perché confrontandoci con il team ci ha confermato che il nostro intervento è necessario quando il cliente desidera acquistare le nuove licenze. Ecco perché precedentemente vi avevo condiviso tutti i docuemnti per registrarvi come nuovi clienti e procedere con la quotazione.

Ma non vi verrebbe riconosciuto la manutenzione residua che voi giustamente avete fatto presente che avete già pagato...

Il Vendor doveva essere più chiaro e soprattutto supportare di più voi clienti e noi lato distribuzione. Purtroppo lato nostro possiamo solo proporvi la nuova quotazione in questo momento.

A disposizione

Buona giornata

• 14.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Nov 11, 2020 11:26 AM
    Hello,

In the same position here. We have a 25 user licence sold directly by Symantec in 2019. It runs till 2022 but Broadcom do not seem interested in helping migrate this. No emails with entitlement received. Have tried 4 resellers in the UK as per Broadcom support instructions of which only one responded. Insight UK have tried to get the enititlement but Broadcom have now said we have to pay again for a new licence. 

We are not going to pay twice for this and as broadcom are no help we are moving to ESET Endpoint Protection for half the cost.

Steve

• 15.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Nov 11, 2020 11:47 AM

Hi Steve,

I've been speaking with someone at Broadcom support who has apparently escalated it internally, though I've no idea what that actually means she's been at least attempting to be helpful.

If this isn't resolved before next weeks deadline ESET will be my next port of call.

• 16.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Nov 15, 2020 03:52 PM

Hi All,

Exactly the same here…

We have fully paid licenses till 2022. Trying to get sorted for more than 2 weeks. Stopped counting how many tickets we opened. Contacted the partners from the Broadcom list. Most don't reply at all, I can imagine why… Got one partner willing to help, however they also get nowhere. Broadcom is simply ignoring the partner, no replies to the partner at all

Total waste of time. Obviously there won't be a migration for the prepaid subscribers. This is fraud, nothing else

• 17.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Nov 16, 2020 04:15 AM
    Some (good, I hope...) news about users (like some of my clients) who have pre-paid SEPSBE / SEPC licenses expiring quite far in the future: last Friday 13th Nov, a special mail arrived to them (and only to them) from: Partner Orders <partner.orders@broadcom.com>  to: SESE Migration <sese.migration@broadcom.com>  with subject:   December 7, 2020 Extension for SEP C_SBE EOL:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your continued patience as we work through the migration of your Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud (SEPC) or Small Business Edition (SBE) entitlement to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise (SES Enterprise).  To ensure no disruption to your endpoint protection as we work with Arrow to assist you with obtaining your SESE license and transition to the new offering, we have extended your access to the SEPC or SEP SBE product console to December 7, 2020 to enable you to complete your migration. 

We are initiating a no-cost SES Enterprise license for you which will be processed prior to  December 7, 2020.

Once you've received your SESE license, please follow the instructions below to complete the migration.  

Access the SESE Cloud Console to Start the Migration: https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=202425

SES Transition Step by Step Guide: https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=191487

Should you require assistance with the migration, please contact our Customer Care team below:

Thank you,

Broadcom and Arrow

• 18.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Nov 16, 2020 12:12 PM

Same here!  I have spent over 60 hours (unbillable) on this transition for my end-users as I am a partner/reseller with about 25 Site ID's.

Some end-users simply never received their activation emails.  What's really disappointing is that Broadcom could have easily sent those activation emails to BOTH the end-user and reseller which would have greatly lessened the issue.

My vendor, Tech Data, encouraged Broadcom to do so and they declined.

To that end, I've spent many hours accessing customer mailboxes, performing email traces, searching archiving and spam systems hunting for those elusive activation emails. If you don't have one, you are out of luck it would appear.  Add to that, I've had to send many pestering emails to my customers asking them to perform tasks that I should be able to perform just to get admin access to those accounts.  Makes no sense as I had access to them on https://hostedendpoint.spn.com/  and https://manage.symanteccloud.com/.

It's been awkward and has lessened my business' reputation with my customers.  Can't put a price on that.

There have been many mistakes on Broadcom's part in migrating the accounts including missing licenses, multiple accounts for the same client with licensing spread across both accounts, etc.  Furthermore, the lack of any process to migrate endpoint policies from https://hostedendpoint.spn.com/ to https://securitycloud.symantec.com/ is a huge inconvenience.  Again, hours of unbillable time on my part to manually edit policies and groups, tedious and time consuming.

Opening support tickets has been less than worthwhile.  I have yet to work with anyone at Broadcom support that's taken ownership or accountability of my tickets. Instead, they've passed the buck and answered with irrelevant information.  In this day and age of customer service, it's unacceptable.

You can add gross negligence and incompetence to Fraud. 

• 19.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Nov 13, 2020 10:04 AM
    This has been the most unprofessional experience!  Today, I came in and my machine is already reporting that my Symantec Endpoint Protection has expired (even though the cutoff isn't until Monday). There was a dropdown with an option to buy a new license - we have 12 licenses paid through 2022 and expect to receive the product we purchased! 

I've been trying to get in touch with someone at cbisecure.com to assist us to obtain the SES Enterprise entitlement so we can migrate.   I reached out to them in late October and heard back from someone who said they will be happy to help & are working with Broadcom to get us SES licenses.  I've followed up several times only to receive auto-replies - the most recent from today stated "UPDATE: The cutoff deadline for SYMC SEP has been extended until 12/7/20."   So it's especially interesting and frustrating to me that as of today, my SEP Is reporting it's expired.  

Heather Morris
    dbridge inc. 
    Missoula, MT

• 20.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Dec 02, 2020 09:06 AM
    I chatted with broadcom representative and they just leading me to the page where to migrate. I had contacted their partners for the SES entitlement but non replied. this is really the ENDPOINT of this Symantec security... I'm now considering to switch to another internet security software.

• 21.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Dec 02, 2020 06:47 AM
    Dear @Heena Tabassum,
       please tell something to all of us who owns a pre-paid SEPSBE / SEPC bought directly from Symantec e-Store!

And still have not received any migrated SESE license!

We only received an e-mail on November 13, 2020 with subject:  Extension for SEP C_SBE EOL with body:
    "...We are initiating a no-cost SES Enterprise license for you which will be processed prior to  December 7, 2020...
    "

but as today Dicember 2nd, 2020 ... Just 5 days left to SEPSBE EOL and still no contact from Broadcom!

So, what's the problem? Did you forget of us... that we still have licenses expiring in the next 1 year or two??
    All the rest of the world who luckily bought from a reseller have their license migrated: why do we not??

We have ticket opened for months and still no answer or just wait wait wait ...

Please, do something!! This wait has no sense at all...

• 22.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2020 05:21 AM
    Hi SILVANO FERRARI,

As this was purchased directly from Symantec e-Store, you will have to contact the Reseller to have your licenses migrated from SEPSBE / SEPC to SES. If you still want us to check your contracts, then please help me with your serial number, company name privately. I will validate it and get back to you. 

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 23.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Dec 04, 2020 05:50 AM
    @Heena Tabassum ​I have a bunch of clients who owns SEPC/SEPSBE licenses bought directly from Symantec e-Store before Symantec transition to Broadcom.

I'm very sorry but how, in the world, you can say to us to contact "reseller" if you also say that this was purchased directly from Symantec e-Store. Sorry but it's evident that there is NO reseller involved at all !!
    And this is demonstrated from the fact that suggestions coming from every ticket opened to Broadcom support to contact ARROW (or some other resellers) brought to the fact that ARROW has nothing to answer and bounced us back inevitably to Broadcom!

Sorry, but there is a short circuit on those poor users who bought directly from Symantec e-Store : I have the exact feeling that Broadcom forget them in this acquisition. Point.

• 24.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Dec 04, 2020 05:35 AM
    @Heena Tabassum
    We are facing the same issue.  Logged with 3 incident tickets with Broadcom, the earlier 2 tickets were closed without given a proper resolution.

Want to emphasize on this, same thing happens like the rest of the user here.
    We only received an e-mail on November 13, 2020 with subject:  Extension for SEP C_SBE EOL with body:
    "...We are initiating a no-cost SES Enterprise license for you which will be processed prior to  December 7, 2020...
    "

Can Broadcom do something about this?

• 25.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Dec 04, 2020 06:03 AM
    I have been a Symantec Partner for 15 Years. I made the decision back in June to move my whole customer base away from Symantec after the debacle of the previous 9 months. I found it was costing me more money chasing up Broadcom/Symantec and tarnishing my reputation with my customers. Throughout this process they do not seem to have learned anything and keep making the same mistakes passing the burden onto Customers and Partners.

I now have a happy customer base, I'm able to renew and purchase licences without constantly chasing, and see from your experiences I made the right decision.

So Guys, I suppose the message I'm giving you is move on, take the hit, you will not regret it.

Good Luck

Chris

• 26.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Dec 04, 2020 06:10 AM
    Hi.

Witch solution did you choose.

Thanks.

Sem outro assunto de momento, colocamo-nos desde já inteiramente ao dispor para qualquer esclarecimento adicional que possa necessitar.

Melhores cumprimentos. / Kind regards.

A Equipa BITWOCI
     geral@bitwoci.pt
     +351 215 960 960
     +351 215 950960
     www.bitwoci.pt
    Escritório: Centro Empresarial de Famões, Escritório L, Rua Major João Luís de Moura, 1685-253 Famões
    Sede: Edifício Panoramic, Parque da Nações, Av. do Atlântico, N.º 16, Piso 14º - N., 8, 1990-019 Lisboa
    ©2020 Informação Legal | Privacidade | Condições Gerais de Fornecimento

• 27.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Dec 04, 2020 06:14 AM
    I went with Webroot for my smaller customers and Sonicwall Capture Client (Sentinel One) for my larger ones.

• 28.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Dec 05, 2020 08:58 AM
    I'm finally in! I received an email from SESE Migration <sese.migration@broadcom.com> requesting further information (Device count required, Company address, Contact Name, Phone Number, Expiration date of existing license) and responded to that. I also around the same time raised another ticket, and they said that it had been added to their internal tracker which would be shared with "the Distributor". Shortly afterwards, I received emails from Broadcom which seems that Arrow is the company that has done it.

I was a direct purchaser from the Symantec Store. So I would suggest that people in the same position perhaps try contacting Arrow, and hopefully you'll get sorted before the expiry.

Good luck.

• 29.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Dec 05, 2020 09:48 AM
    @Stephen B I tried contacting Arrow several times months ago and they never responded.

I'm not holding out much hope I'll get a license before Monday let alone the chance to update all my client machines.

I've still got an open ticket with Broadcom so hopefully they will sort something out for me in the next 24hours

• 30.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Dec 06, 2020 11:06 AM
    We also finally received our licenses correctly migrated the day after sending a mail to SESE Migration <sese.migration@broadcom.com> with my old SEPSBE license information and my company data !!!

-> Arrow contacted months ago but without success: don't loose time with them; it's not their fault... they just need an order from Broadcom to issue the license to you because they know nothing about your licenses bought from old Symantec e-Store...

-> Broadcom ticket opened are all without success: don't loose time with them because their indications about licenses bought from old Symantec e-Store are useless.

-> Maybe you can try a private message to Heena Tabassum as I also tried to, even if without an answer...

• 31.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Dec 08, 2020 08:07 PM
    We had SEP SBE (Cloud), I finally made the transition, installed my first client for testing.

I have questions regarding the new cloud management portal, specifically the policies - why are there policies marked with (SEP 14) and others not, and those that are not are the ones applied.

Which forum do I use? I know I have a "SESE entitlement", but which forum does that belong in?
    Endpoint Protection?
    Protection Suite Enterprise Edition?

Thank you if you can help!

• 32.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 09, 2020 10:41 AM
    The SES cloud console has the ability to bridge to the on-prem SEP Manager and there are a few policies that you can configure in-cloud to distribute down to Endpoints that are enrolled in the on-prem manager. For any Endpoints enrolled in cloud, you use the "non SEP 14" policies.

Forum for SES: https://community.broadcom.com/symantecenterprise/communities/community-home?CommunityKey=fb4cbc74-a830-438b-b205-e113e95450aa