Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  Disable File System Auto-Protect

Posted May 12, 2010 11:15 AM

We have a server that has extended heavy IO processes to run. It would be useful, for performance, to turn off the "File System Auto-Protect" during these periods. I have tried to achieve this at the client, and by setting it as off in the Virus and Spyware policy. I have even stopped the Symantec Endpoint Protection service. While the Auto-Protect appears to stop initially its back on a again 5 minutes later.

Does anyone know of a way to turn this feature off? We are using Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.0 Small Business Edition.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Disable File System Auto-Protect

Posted May 12, 2010 11:31 AM
    Yes..by default It enables after 5 minutes..however you can disable it by disabling " Restart Auto-protect when disabled after"

go to FIle System Auto Protect - Advanced

When Auto-Protect is disabled, enabled after:

• 3.  RE: Disable File System Auto-Protect

Posted May 12, 2010 01:41 PM
    You need to disable this in the manager console. The settings that Vikram are referring to only live in the SEP 11 manager.

• 4.  RE: Disable File System Auto-Protect

Posted May 13, 2010 04:10 AM

• 5.  RE: Disable File System Auto-Protect

Posted May 13, 2010 04:10 AM

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately I have already tried disabling this in the manager console. When I first change the policy File System Auto-Protect becomes disabled on the client. Surprisingly five minutes later it is re-enabled on the client, despite what I have set in the policy on the manager console.

Any further thoughts?

• 6.  RE: Disable File System Auto-Protect
    Best Answer

Posted May 13, 2010 06:59 AM
    After un hecking the option enable file system auto protect you have to lock the lock symbol near to it.You can do this by just clicking on it.

• 7.  RE: Disable File System Auto-Protect

Posted May 13, 2010 11:32 AM

That fixed it, thanks.

The systray icon and the client application not having red warnings had me confused for a while,  but the client application definitely reports Virus and Spyware protection as off, and it has stayed off for several hours.

• 8.  RE: Disable File System Auto-Protect

Posted May 14, 2010 12:09 AM
    While putting that lock you are assuring that in client they cannot change that .If you are not putting that lock it means in the client auto protect is disabled but the client having the capability of overriding it.