Wise Packaging

Expand all | Collapse all

Internal Error 2343

• 1.  Internal Error 2343

Posted 08-03-2009 05:56 PM
    I'm evaluating the Wise Installation Express v7.0 package now.  I haven't had any problems creating and modifying project installers until today.  My boss wanted me to change a default installation folder for one of my projects so that it did not get created under Program Files.  I brought up that project, went to the Files page, created the new folder and populated it, and deleted the old folder under Program Files.  I also updated my project's INI file on the INI Files page and the default folder on the Product Details page.  The modified project compiles and tests fine but when I try to run it, I get an "Internal Error 2343" in the Installer Information window.  My Wise Setup Window says it's "Updating System", "The features you selected are currently being installed", "Creating folders..." and shows the new folder I'm trying to use.  When I click on OK on the Installer Info window, a window titled "Fatal Error", "Installation ended prematurely because of an error" pops up and when I click on OK there, the install window goes away.  I don't know if this is related but when I try to delete the old folder from under Program Files, it goes away but if I save or compile the project, that folder returns under Program Files.  It did not repopulate the contents except for one sub-folder.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Internal Error 2343

Posted 08-04-2009 05:16 AM
    From your description, it sounds like you have missed something in your project changes, so that the old path remains in some locations.
    Have you tried ICE validation or the F4 tables check in Setup Editor?

Have you searched the tables in Setup Editor for any evidence of your original install path?

• 3.  RE: Internal Error 2343

Posted 08-05-2009 05:03 PM
    I snooped aroung in the Set Up and not surprisingly, it detected errors.  I wasn't sure what it was trying to tell me.  I decided to punt and just make a new project with the new default location and it's working fine.  Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Internal Error 2343

Posted 08-06-2009 04:07 AM
    Editing an old installer project with a newer editor is not always 100% reliable. Recreating from scratch is the best way of ensuring that your project starts out with the minimum of issues.