Phishing Readiness

View Only
  • 1.  How can I get Access to Symantec WINE Dataset

Posted May 23, 2018 04:29 PM

Hi all,

I am a PhD stdudent at the University of Virginia and my research focus is human factors in the cyber space. I read a number of papers where Tudor et al have worked with the WINE dataset by the Symantec Lab. One of the papers is titled: "Toward a Standard Benchmark for Computer Security Research: The Worldwide Intelligence Network Environment (WINE)" by Tudor Dimitras and Darren Shou. This dataset contains interesting variables that would be very helpful for my research work and I would like to get offsite access to it.

I would be glad to receive any help on how to go about it.

thanks.

Sodiq Adewole

Systems & Information Engineering

University of Virginia

• 2.  RE: How can I get Access to Symantec WINE Dataset

Posted Jul 19, 2020 01:56 AM
    Hi,

2 years later, I have the same question. Hopefully, replying to this will bump it up.

I am a master's student at Penn State conducting an academic study performing geo-statistical analysis on cyber-attacks.

Is there a way to request access to datasets from the Worldwide Intelligence Network Environment (WINE) platform?

• 3.  RE: How can I get Access to Symantec WINE Dataset

Posted Dec 01, 2020 02:22 PM
    Did this ever get answered for you?  I'm wondering now if in fact Broadcom has decided they don't care about this dataset anymore.  Did you find another to use instead?

• 4.  RE: How can I get Access to Symantec WINE Dataset

Posted Dec 02, 2020 10:19 AM
    I will say that the name of the research lab that originally developed the dataset has changed.  It's now NortonLifeLock Research Labs https://www.nortonlifelock.com/us/en/research-labs/. I didn't see any mention of this data set on their site.