Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Cannot update Virus Definitions on SEPM v14

Posted Jan 13, 2020 11:14 AM

Hello,

I have an issue with LiveUpdate service on my SEPM. We are running 2 SEPM version 14.2.1031.0100.

LiveUpdate is failing to download and install Virus Definitions since 22/12. I noticed it 1 week ago, I was able to resolve the issue at this time by reinstalling LiveUpdate and rebooting the server.

But now I cannot update the Virus Definitions at all. This is what I've tried :

- Installing virus definitions using a .jdb file. Result : the file is unzipped and then nothing happens.

- Reinstall LiveUpdate. Result : When I try to lauch a LiveUpdate session, I have an error "A LiveUpdate session is already running." but Virus Definitions are not downloading or installing. And no LUALL or LUCOM.exe process are running.

- Launch LUALL.EXE. Result : I see that the virus definitions are downloading, but not installing. LUALL process is blocked at 00 CPU usage. I am forced to restart the server to kill it. And liveupdate.log is not updating after everything has been downloaded.

Attached, the log.liveupdate for review. I did not find any error in this file, maybe you could help me.

If any suggestions, thanks in advance,

Regards,

Axel

• 2.  RE: Cannot update Virus Definitions on SEPM v14

Posted Jan 13, 2020 11:45 AM

Looks like your DB is hosted on a SQL box, check if you have limited the size of sem5 DB

Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) SQL Database size (autogrowth)

https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.tech184770.html