Endpoint Protection Cloud

View Only
  • 1.  Devices and Device Groups sync is in progress. Do not perform any operation until sync is complete.

Posted Feb 25, 2021 05:06 AM
    Hi,

I enrolled the the SEPM and would like to have an hybrid management. But no devices it seems to load into the cloud. 
    If I click in cloud menu at SEPM, it shows me the following image.

Could you help?

Regards,
    Fábio Ferreira

• 2.  RE: Devices and Device Groups sync is in progress. Do not perform any operation until sync is complete.

Posted Feb 26, 2021 04:42 AM
    Hi,

I enrolled again and now I don't have this errors, but still without clients in th cloud.

Regards,
    Fábio Ferreira

• 3.  RE: Devices and Device Groups sync is in progress. Do not perform any operation until sync is complete.

Posted Mar 01, 2021 05:13 PM
    You won't get any support from Broadcom here unfortunately, Broadcom don't monitor these community groups.

I had the same issue, client sync just went forever and never ended. I spent weeks with Broadcom support on this, they were unable to resolve the issue. I worked out by lab testing it myself that it's dependent on the version of your on prem SEPM. I can't remember if I had to roll back to an earlier or later version, but it did not work on our 14.2 SEPM.  I'd suggest making sure your SEPM is on the latest available version before doing this. Broadcom have deleted all my old case history so I can't check the notes now.
    I'd not bother with this hybrid function, there are a lot of caveats with it and it's more trouble than it's worth. if you want to go cloud, i'd suggest migrate all the clients and dump the SEPM entirely. Actually, I'd recommend binning SEP altogether, and use a product that has actual community support but if that's not an option try the above

• 4.  RE: Devices and Device Groups sync is in progress. Do not perform any operation until sync is complete.

Posted Mar 02, 2021 04:08 AM
    Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
    I opened a case in February 22 and still without response, broadcom support it's really bad. We need to have the hybrid options because we have a lot of legacy system that can't be changed. The SEPM it's already in the 14.3 MP1 version, sinsce RU version gave us a lot of errors and we already have a lot of clients upgraded to 14.3. 

You enrolled all your system to cloud? The EDR features works well?

• 5.  RE: Devices and Device Groups sync is in progress. Do not perform any operation until sync is complete.

Posted Mar 02, 2021 04:59 PM
    No it doesn't work well, I scrapped the Hybrid mode pretty quickly. You can't fully manage the on-prem devices from the cloud, not all features are like for like and you need to maintain two sets of policies in cloud, one for cloud and another for on-prem
    If you can't migrate now I'd leave them separate. Keep your existing on-prem server and deploy any new clients to cloud. You have to redeploy agents at some point anyway when new builds appear, so you can migrate the on prem ones when they next need a client version update

• 6.  RE: Devices and Device Groups sync is in progress. Do not perform any operation until sync is complete.

Posted Jun 14, 2021 07:19 PM
    Hi, 

Were you able  to resolve this issue. Did you get any support from the support tech.

• 7.  RE: Devices and Device Groups sync is in progress. Do not perform any operation until sync is complete.

Posted Jun 15, 2021 04:22 AM
    Hi,

After 4 month, yeah. 1st line sent the ticket to someone that could help me solve the problem.
    uploader.log file was giving the error "WINHTTP_CALLBACK_STATUS_FLAG_CERT_REV_FAILED"

Had to add "netsh winhttp set proxy proxy-server="http=myproxy" to the SEPM machine, restart the symantec bridge services and wait some hours.
    Then developer team had to fix the domain in the cloud manually, the domain in the SEPM was not the same in the cloud, where the machines was being syncronized.

Regards,
    Fabio Ferreira