Workflow and ServiceDesk Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

request servicedesk training materials

• 1.  request servicedesk training materials

Posted Jun 07, 2020 08:17 PM
    Dear ALL

i am a new guy in servicedesk.

i would like some servicedesk common usage sample materials . is there someone can post me some kb or video?

before ,i saw the following link include many useful video,but most of them have been corrupted and the version of servicedesk is 7 which is too old.

https://community.broadcom.com/symantecenterprise/communities/community-home/librarydocuments/viewdocument?DocumentKey=8f9d08bd-ca9e-4f2d-95dc-8a9443205121&CommunityKey=04ead5e9-3643-4118-b853-afa5a58710c6&tab=librarydocuments&LibraryFolderKey=&DefaultView=folder

can someone can provide me a new download link? or if a newer version of these video can share with me ,i will be very appreciate.

my gmail:Jian511lin@gmail.com 

Thanks in advance.

BR/Kevin

• 2.  RE: request servicedesk training materials
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 08, 2020 02:36 AM
    Hi Kevin,

A majority of those videos were posted on the screencast site, not maintained by Broadcom,

Some were uploaded to the original Connect site, so if they weren't migrated it's prob worth commenting on a particular article, or mentioning it in the Watercooler,

I wrote an index of Articles called "Workflow", which may have some useful links
    https://community.broadcom.com/symantecenterprise/communities/community-home/librarydocuments/viewdocument?DocumentKey=a2b2f439-c980-4309-9cc9-8f37217bb619&CommunityKey=04ead5e9-3643-4118-b853-afa5a58710c6&tab=librarydocuments

Is there a particular thing you'd like to learn?
    The User Guides can be helpful too,

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/symantec-security-software/endpoint-security-and-management/it-management-suite/8-5/PDF_User_Guides_and_Release_Notes_7/ServiceDesk-8_5.html

Alex

• 3.  RE: request servicedesk training materials

Posted Jun 09, 2020 01:49 AM

hi Alex Hedley

Thans for your kindly reply and share me so many useful materials.

actually ,i'd like to integrate our DLP incident with ITMS workflow+servicedesk,so that we can deal with DLP incident on servicedesk automatically.

do you have some kb or document or vedio on this area?

thanks very much for your any suggestion or advice.

BR//Kevin

• 4.  RE: request servicedesk training materials

Posted Jun 09, 2020 03:38 AM
    Which version of DLP are you using?

There was a set of Components to get incident data from DLP 12.5
    https://community.broadcom.com/symantecenterprise/communities/community-home/librarydocuments/viewdocument?DocumentKey=584a9c66-19c3-42cf-b1eb-62b551c3640c&CommunityKey=04ead5e9-3643-4118-b853-afa5a58710c6&tab=librarydocuments

But those components don't work for later versions as one of the endpoints was removed.

Are you wanting DLP to raise a ticket with SD automatically?
    There you could use a DLP Flex Response.

• 5.  RE: request servicedesk training materials

Posted Jun 09, 2020 04:25 AM
    i'm using dlp 15.5 version.

and yes, i want dlp can raise a ticket with SD automatically ,and better ,SD also can give some response on this ticket and to DLP.

so ,it will be appreciate if you have some experience or materials sharing with me .

by the way, i have no idea on DLP Flex Response,do you have some document on this?

thanks for your any advice too.

BR//Kevin

• 6.  RE: request servicedesk training materials

Posted Jun 09, 2020 04:40 AM
    These are built in Java, there is a Developers Guide to get you started:

About the Server FlexResponse platform
    https://help.symantec.com/search/DLP15.5/About%20the%20Server%20FlexResponse%20platform?locale=EN_US

• 7.  RE: request servicedesk training materials

Posted Jun 09, 2020 04:43 AM
    There's the DLP Web Services you could integrate into WF/SD to response to the DLP Incident, this would need some work to get it working with 15.5 though.

• 8.  RE: request servicedesk training materials

Posted Jun 09, 2020 05:20 AM
    really ,thanks very much ,Alex.

i will do some research on DLP  flex response.

besides, may i have some materials about dlp web service for integrating into WF/SD to response to the DLP Incident?

BR//Kevin

• 9.  RE: request servicedesk training materials

Posted Jun 09, 2020 05:26 AM
    There used to be a Symantec Support Tech Article with an attachment of a C# and Java example client of working with the WSs but I'm struggling to find in from the Broadcom transfer (SampleClients-2.0.zip)
    • Symantec_DLP_##.#_Server_FlexResponse_Platform_Developers_Guide

This could then be used to either create a custom WF Component (link) or make a WF that does the same, you've got to handle the certificate properly though.

• 10.  RE: request servicedesk training materials

Posted Jun 10, 2020 12:03 AM
    thanks Alex for your strong support and kindly reply.

it 's really very nice of you .

i will check the article you provided first ,then ,if any question ,i consult you later.

million thanks to you.

BR//Kevin

• 11.  RE: request servicedesk training materials

Posted Jun 19, 2020 04:02 AM
    Hello Alex

greeting days!

i have some confusion here which need your kindly help.

my comany is using service-now(a third part software for incident management) which also have servicedesk function.

we want to integrate DLP incident management into service-now ,so that ,the incident from DLP can be raised to service-now automatically.

then ,service-now can make a incident  for dealing with ,in addition to this , the Processing of incident ticket can be synchronized between DLP and service-now.

so ,if my requriement is described like above, do i need symantec servicedesk or workflow yet?

or ,if i also want to use  symantec servicedesk or workflow, is it possible to integrate (DLP )、(symantec servicedesk or workflow)and (service-now)?

appreciate for your any suggestion or advice!

Thanks in advance!

BR//Kevin

• 12.  RE: request servicedesk training materials

Posted Jun 19, 2020 04:34 AM
    Hi Kevin,

We've done it various ways in the past,
    So you'd need DLP to send the incident info to SN, this could be done via the flex response,
    then for updates made in the SN ticket you'd need to build a script/integration that would pass this information back to DLP.
    If updates are made to the DLP incident after it has been raised you'd need another way to get that new/updated information over to SN.
    Workflow could be used as a middle man to manage the dataflow, but it's not the only option.

Since you are already using SN as your ticketing system I wouldn't see a need for Symantec ServiceDesk as what purpose would it be filling? You'd have 3 tickets then, 1 in DLP, 1 in SD and 1 in SN.

• 13.  RE: request servicedesk training materials

Posted Jun 19, 2020 05:02 AM
    Hi  Alex

thanks for your prompt  kindly reply on it.

after your professional clarification ,i really have a more clear understanding on servicedesk.

so ,you mean ,if i have used SN which is the similar product with symantec servicedesk as my ticket system, DLP can interacte with SN each other directly ,Symantec servicedesk or workflow is not needed any more,right?

besides,in the past ,do we have a successful case of integration between SN and DLP?

Appreciate for your any reply.

thanks~

BR//Kevin

• 14.  RE: request servicedesk training materials

Posted Jun 25, 2020 02:55 AM
    You would still need to develop some integration code that can pass the data between each system, you will just need to decide which technology/scripting language etc you choose to do that, there isn't a configuration section you can just setup, there would still be some work to do that part.

• 15.  RE: request servicedesk training materials

Posted Jul 08, 2020 05:23 AM
    Hi Alex

greeting  days!

thanks for your kindly reply on it.

i am integrating DLP and Symantec servicedesk ,currently ,i can create/update dlp incident ticket to servicedesk through servicedeskapi.

but i can not update the status of incident ticket on servicedesk back to DLP console automatically, for example ,when incident ticket is closed or updated.

i know we can use DLP Incident Report or Update API to update incident stauts to DLP console ,but i have no idea how to call this kind of api through servicedesk? is there any api interface or some kind of technical method to implement my requirement?

could you kindly give me some advice or suggestion?

or when update/close a SD incident, may i calling/invoking the customized script/application automatically?

Appreciate for your any reply.

BR//Kevin

• 16.  RE: request servicedesk training materials

Posted Jul 08, 2020 08:53 AM
    There used to be Workflow components for DLP:

Workflow - DLP - Components
    https://community.broadcom.com/symantecenterprise/communities/community-home/librarydocuments/viewdocument?DocumentKey=584a9c66-19c3-42cf-b1eb-62b551c3640c&CommunityKey=04ead5e9-3643-4118-b853-afa5a58710c6&tab=librarydocuments

But these are for DLP 12.5, they were never updated for 14+

This will mean you would need to write your own components to do the job

Workflow - Component - Developer Guide

Or build the principles into a WF using the various input Generators etc.

You will need some documentation on how the DLP Web Services work:

• Symantec Data Loss Prevention Incident Reporting and Update API Developers Guide 14.0
      • DOC8249
    • Symantec Data Loss Prevention 14.5, 14.6, and 15.0 Incident Reporting and Update API Developers Guides
      • DOC9264
    • Symantec Data Loss Prevention 14.5, 14.6, and 15.0 Incident Reporting and Update API Examples
      • DOC9265
    • Symantec Data Loss Prevention Incident Reporting and Update API Code Examples 14.0
      • DOC8694

---

The v12 guides won't have the correct samples but might give you a starting point:

TECH221335
    Incident Reporting and Update API Example Clients
    • https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/160484/incident-reporting-and-update-api-exampl.html

TECH220010
    Incident Reporting and Update API Example Clients v12.0
    • https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/159948/incident-reporting-and-update-api-exampl.html