Content & Malware Analysis

View Only
  • 1.  Generate Content Analysis CSR.

Posted Apr 22, 2021 10:11 PM
    Hi All,

I want to import a CA-Signed certificate in my CAS S400.Reffering to below KB, i need to Create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) with your organization's certificate information, and have it signed as a certificate by a Certificate Authority but in CAS only found create Self Signed certificate option. Need some advice how to create CSR for CAS.

Adding (import), create or manage certificates for HTTPS access to CAS management console

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Generate Content Analysis CSR.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 28, 2021 03:48 PM
    Firdaus, 

Its an easy answer, but it important to first understand what a CSR is and means (https://www.sslshopper.com/what-is-a-csr-certificate-signing-request.html) and then you will see how you dont need the CAS to generate the CSR for the certificate you want to import in to the CAS.
    You can generate a CSR by many means , the most popular are , openssl, Microsoft PKI, you can even generate a CSR on the proxysg if you want, it does not matter where you generate the CSR as long as you type in the information you desire in to the correct fields needed for the CSR.
    If you do a quick google search on how to generate a CSR , you will find that your options are many.
    I prefer openssl.

I hope this helps.
    Slava