VIP Access Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

VIP Access silent uninstallation

• 1.  VIP Access silent uninstallation

Posted 02-04-2020 07:35 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,

Looking for detailed information on how to perform a silent uninstall for Symantec VIP Access application

I've found details and command-line switches to perform a silent Install, however during a silent uninstall, I come across a yes/no message. See attached screenshot.

Any one know how to bypass this message?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: VIP Access silent uninstallation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 02-06-2020 04:35 PM

The silent uninstaller is forthcoming in a future release. 

To trick the installer into thinking there isn't an existing install, you may include logic that looks for and deletes:

> the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Symantec\VIP Access Client]

> The directory at $User Home Directory$\AppData\LocalLow\Symantec\VIPAccessClient\ 

> The reg key in this article

• 3.  RE: VIP Access silent uninstallation

Posted 07-05-2020 06:01 PM
    Hi,
    Still facing the same issue, unable to uninstall the VIP Access application silently.
    Any update on what steps need to perform to uninstall it with any user interaction or any script which does this action. Thanks

• 4.  RE: VIP Access silent uninstallation

Posted 02-07-2020 05:42 PM

Tried your suggestions, but it didn't work. I'm still prompted with the previously attached message.

I manually deleted [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Symantec\VIP Access Client] and $User Home Directory$\AppData\LocalLow\Symantec\VIPAccessClient\ 

As for the third item listed in your post, i'm not sure, is it supposed to be a link?

Pelase assist.

Thank you.