Patch Management Solution

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Altiris Reports

• 1.  Altiris Reports

Posted Aug 04, 2020 08:19 PM
    Hello,

I would like to know how do I ran a report on a policy that I created? In other words if I create a policy to push out Java updates to my computer is there a report that I can run specifically for that policy to see the results? like what failed, what installed, etc.

• 2.  RE: Altiris Reports

Posted Aug 05, 2020 02:35 AM
    Reports | Software | Compliance | Software Compliance by Managed Delivery Policy

• 3.  RE: Altiris Reports

Posted Aug 05, 2020 08:58 AM
    | I put the policy name in there but I've not getting any results. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

On the policy are there any "Compliance settings"?
    In the "Applied to" section are there any resources listed?
    For any of the resources have you checked on the machine to see if the policy has been deployed?

• 4.  RE: Altiris Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2020 09:05 AM
    Just to clarify - given report works just for Managed Delivery policies created by Software Management solution, it doesn't support Software Update policies created by Patch Management solution.
    We have Patch Management reporting per SWU policy in our backlog but it's not implemented yet.

• 5.  RE: Altiris Reports

Posted Aug 05, 2020 09:13 AM
    Dmitri_Gomev,

Yes, I created a policy in patch management to update Adobe Reader DC. Other then going to Resource Manager on a specific PC and then View, Events, Computer Events and then AeX SWD Execution is there a way to run a report on all computers that I applied a policy to in order to quickly see which computers was updated successful and which the update failed on?

• 6.  RE: Altiris Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2020 09:17 AM
    You can use "Windows Software Update Delivery Summary" (not exactly for SWU policy that you created but for corresponding bulletin/updates):

You can drill down from it to see what computers these bulletins/updates were targeted to, where they were installed, where they failed with error code information, etc.

• 7.  RE: Altiris Reports

Posted Aug 05, 2020 09:42 AM
    I would like more info then that. I can right click and select View incomplete installation which I can do from Patch Management as well. What you provided above I can't tell if it tried to install and failed, all I know if that this number of computers the installation is not complete but it don't tell you why. I know I can right click on each PC individually and go here (Resource Manager | View | Events | Computer Events | AeX SWD Execution) to see if it executed and failed and get the error code but you see how much time that can take. Is there not an easy and quick way to get this information, like on a report?

• 8.  RE: Altiris Reports

Posted Aug 05, 2020 09:07 AM
    Yes, under the Apply to I do have my targets set with computers.

• 9.  RE: Altiris Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2020 05:58 PM
    Edited by Chris Farrell Aug 06, 2020 05:59 PM
    You can right-click the results you get and see targeted, complete installations, or incomplete installations

Windows Software Update Delivery Summary Report

• 10.  RE: Altiris Reports

Posted Aug 07, 2020 09:32 AM
    thanks CFarrell. I'm aware of that but it doesn't tell me further details like, did it attempt to install and it failed, etc. It just says this many have it and this many do not. I need error codes, did it attempt to install but failed, did it not even attempt cause maybe the PC was off, etc. I just can't believe this not an easy way to get this, I'm sure people had to run into an issue like this. If my Boss comes to me and say I need to know how many successfully updated and how many failed, all I would know is that I pushed the update out to 200 and 100 it installed on and if he asks why the other 100 did not install, I can't answer that. I would need to go through each PC and look and see what happened, that take time. Thank you but as you can see I need more then that

• 11.  RE: Altiris Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2020 10:20 AM
    Edited by Chris Farrell Aug 07, 2020 10:40 AM
    Hi Sid9678 - you can drill down into this report to get the details you are looking for by right-clicking the row you want to see the drill-down data for.

• 12.  RE: Altiris Reports

Posted Aug 07, 2020 10:48 AM
    thanks CFarrell but again that only shows me the computers that do not have the update but I need to know if it attempted to install the update and if it failed and if it failed why or what's the error code. This don't tell me any of this it just says you have 100 computers that do not have this update which I can get this multiple ways

• 13.  RE: Altiris Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2020 11:47 AM
    Did you drill down into the report? 

• 14.  RE: Altiris Reports

Posted Aug 07, 2020 12:00 PM
    i can't find the policy execution by computer

• 15.  RE: Altiris Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2020 12:09 PM
    The Policy Execution by Computer is a drill-down report. It comes up if you right-click one of the rows of the results in the Windows Software Update Delivery Summary report and select one of the two bottom menu items, View Complete Installations and View Incomplete Installations:

• 16.  RE: Altiris Reports

Posted Aug 07, 2020 12:34 PM
    i see that when I click on that it shows me the computers that do not have the update but where do I find the Policy Execution by computer? I don't see that

• 17.  RE: Altiris Reports

Posted Aug 07, 2020 12:51 PM
    ok I found it but all of my incomplete computers says return code n/a. Still would like to see more information here but this is better then the way I mentioned above

• 18.  RE: Altiris Reports
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2020 12:59 PM
    One thing to check is the Windows Patch Remediation Settings policy - there is an option to "Send additional status events for Software Update policies (AeX SWD Status)". This policy is located at Settings > All Settings > Software > Patch Management > Windows Settings.

• 19.  RE: Altiris Reports

Posted Aug 07, 2020 01:11 PM
    i found it and placed a checkmark in it. I guess I'll need to create a new policy and deploy it to some computers and see if it provides the Return Code. Thank you this is a good start, it faster if this works now then going to resource manager and digging in there. Thanks